Week 9: Sam Darnold vs the Miami Dolphins

jetskid007

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I like Adams. I know you like me are surprised how little we've used Monty though.

This is one of the biggest failures with Gase.  He could have and should have gotten really creative with Bell and Montgomery in the same backfield all year.  Especially when Darnold was out ...... crazy!!!  

16 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

This is one of the biggest failures with Gase.  He could have and should have gotten really creative with Bell and Montgomery in the same backfield all year.  Especially when Darnold was out ...... crazy!!!  

Imagine four wide with bell and crowder in the slot and mont in the backfield. 

Ask a linebacker or safety to guard one of those two...

This offense is poo.

2 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Imagine four wide with bell and crowder in the slot and mont in the backfield. 

Ask a linebacker or safety to guard one of those two...

This offense is poo.

I know.. that would make it hard to stack the box or zero blitz .... why has this not been done?

The Jet, Giant, game has always been a huge game. But this year it is more about Jones, & Darnold than anything else. It is more important for Darnold, If we loss and he plays great he will be OK, he just can't afford to lay a egg Sunday.

How many people remember when AL TOON, caught a TD pass on the last play of the game and knock the Giants out of a playoff spot. They were the Glory Days, not this crap we have to watch every Sunday, now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The Jet, Giant, game has always been a huge game. But this year it is more about Jones, & Darnold than anything else. It is more important for Darnold, If we loss and he plays great he will be OK, he just can't afford to lay a egg Sunday.

How many people remember when AL TOON, caught a TD pass on the last play of the game and knock the Giants out of a playoff spot. They were the Glory Days, not this crap we have to watch every Sunday, now.

Remember that Toon TD like it was yesterday.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Remember that Toon TD like it was yesterday.  

I will always think that if we drafted Rice and SF took Toon, that Al would be a hall of famer. For us he made O’Brien seem decent but had so many contested catches that the hits got to him.  Al was bigger (6’4” to 6’2” ) and faster (4.65 to 4.71) than Rice so it’s not hard to imagine he would have fit the Rice spot in their offense.  Both were great route runners that played faster than their 40 time but one had Montana and Young as QB while the other had Kenny O.

On 11/9/2019 at 1:41 AM, Rich51 said:

I will always think that if we drafted Rice and SF took Toon, that Al would be a hall of famer. For us he made O’Brien seem decent but had so many contested catches that the hits got to him.  Al was bigger (6’4” to 6’2” ) and faster (4.65 to 4.71) than Rice so it’s not hard to imagine he would have fit the Rice spot in their offense.  Both were great route runners that played faster than their 40 time but one had Montana and Young as QB while the other had Kenny O.

It was those concussions that really held him back IMO.  Kenny was not Joe Cool or Young but he was a good QB.