Kevin White to IR-Broken Collarbone

WindyCity

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

But now no one can edit their posts in the old forum when he was drafted. HAHAHAHA

If they were going to edit anything, they should have started with the Kellen Davis threads. Those were embarrassing.

"YOU DONT UNDERSTAND! Davis scored 5 TDs on 18 receptions, and Martz doesn't use tight ends! So if he gets 50 catches under Tice, he'll score FIFTEEN TOUCHDOWNS!"

There are plenty of smart people here, but those were some of the most mind-numbingly stupid threads this forum has ever had.

One of the most frustrating/disappointing situations of my time watching the Bears. For three straight years I've been excited to see our 7th overall pick play, and for three straight years we've never got to see it. Feel so bad for the guy. Not even like he's not taking good care of his body and getting soft tissue injuries, he's had three broken bones. I can't see any way back for him now, missing 43 games in three seasons would be stupidly difficult for anyone to come back from, never mind when they're your first three seasons. I really hope his head's ok because he must be so down right now.

On 10/09/2017 at 11:19 PM, Nads786 said:

Just a bad pick by Pace. It happens but he is a bust for us.

There is no arguing he's a bust, but that is the fault of injuries. Pace getting heat for the pick grinds my gears when we've never actually seen White showcase his full potential. Drafting bad players is the fault of the GM, this one we'll never even know how good or bad he could have been.

1 hour ago, GOGRIESE said:

I really liked Kevin White going into the draft. Just an absolute shame. But you couldnt predict this was going to happen. 

This, right here. I hate when people say that players that get injured are busts, or that it was a terrible pick. you literally cannot predict injuries. they suck, and are part of the game, but it's not like pace was able to see that this was going to happen.

to me, a bust is a player that was healthy and given every opportunity to succeed, yet ultimately didnt. 

19 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

This, right here. I hate when people say that players that get injured are busts, or that it was a terrible pick. you literally cannot predict injuries. they suck, and are part of the game, but it's not like pace was able to see that this was going to happen.

to me, a bust is a player that was healthy and given every opportunity to succeed, yet ultimately didnt. 

Agreed...no one knows what White would have been and it's not like he had any injury concerns when we drafted him...this one is flat out bad luck.

Injuries are not the GM's fault I agree, but Kevin showed zero talent in my opinion. All his catches were screens or simple routes. He was very raw and perhaps he could have progressed but in my opinion more than likely the guy just wasn't going to be a very good football player.

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed...no one knows what White would have been and it's not like he had any injury concerns when we drafted him...this one is flat out bad luck.

I absolutely hated the pick, but a guy coming into the league without a major injury history and then getting season ending injuries every season is horrible luck and not a traditional bust.

You have to be able to suit up for more than 5 games over 3 years in order to get on the field long enough to even show that you can't play and are a 'bust'. He's busted, not a bust.

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Don't know if it has been posted in here yet, but the actual injury is a broken scapula

If this is the case then he may be back in 6 weeks time.  Don;t know if anyone cares about that because most people have seemed to write him off...

On 9/11/2017 at 7:59 PM, Madmike90 said:

For me it has nothing to do with why the player busts. You can be an injury bust [Carimi, White], off field bust [McNown], a talent deficient bust [Shea]. A bust is determined by return on investment for the team, as we are fans of the team.

It is the fact that the Bears are getting 0 return on the investment that makes White a bust. I do not blame White, or Ryan Pace, but the Bears invested a premium asset and will end up with 5 games from it.

On 9/12/2017 at 9:41 AM, Nads786 said:

Injuries are not the GM's fault I agree, but Kevin showed zero talent in my opinion. All his catches were screens or simple routes. He was very raw and perhaps he could have progressed but in my opinion more than likely the guy just wasn't going to be a very good football player.

A bunch of beat guys echoed this sentiment on the radio yesterday.

He never looked good, even in the brief glimpses when he was healthy.

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

If this is the case then he may be back in 6 weeks time.  Don;t know if anyone cares about that because most people have seemed to write him off...

This is a plus because honestly we need the WR help. I hope during the interim we can see what Tanner provides and end that case if he sucks too.

Archived