Jimmy G

Dan_Bali

I know we've been to the last 3 SBs with Brady as our QB....  but cant help but think that Garropolo under Belichick might have also got us there and we essentially would've had a Montana to Young'esq transition setting us up for many years continued dominance in the AFC.

10 hours ago, SBLIII said:

It wasn’t realistic. We would had to trade Brady and it wasn’t happening 

besides that I seriously doubt we even reach 1 SB much less 2. 

Yeah especially cause our starting QB would’ve been Brian Hoyer when Jimmy got hurt every year 

15 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

If it were completely up to Belichick, and Kraft didn't intervene at any point, then the Patriots would have moved on from Brady by now whether it had been for Jimmy G or someone else.

I could see it happening next year with next year being a possible transition year.

Jmmy has looked good as a starter, but he's not anything approaching the player Brady is  - not even this late in his career. No way does JG go into KC and win that AFCCG in overtime. And there's no other human being that could have comeback from 28-3.

Could BB have coach JG to a SB? Yes. Obviously. Many decidedly worse players have got SBs. But would they have gone 3 in five? Or made 3 straight? No way.

We're taking Brady for granted. Jimmy was useful, but does he do to KC what Brady did? Does Jimmy even get on the field? Brady is far more durable, and you can't put a price on it. 

It would be nice if we drafted Jimmy in April just gone, but it's not the way it is

• Like 1

Nobody is saying:

Brady < Jimmy G (or Derek Carr or Mason Rudolph or Jalen Hurts or Jarrett Stidham or anybody else).

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We're taking Brady for granted. Jimmy was useful, but does he do to KC what Brady did? Does Jimmy even get on the field? Brady is far more durable, and you can't put a price on it. 

It would be nice if we drafted Jimmy in April just gone, but it's not the way it is

Just that if not for Kraft, Belichick would have gone an alternative route by now because there has been a lot of speculation that Belichick thinks he is capable of winning without Brady as his quarterback and highest paid player.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Nobody is saying:

Brady < Jimmy G (or Derek Carr or Mason Rudolph or Jalen Hurts or Jarrett Stidham or anybody else).

Just that if not for Kraft, Belichick would have gone an alternative route by now because there has been a lot of speculation that Belichick thinks he is capable of winning without Brady as his quarterback and highest paid player.

Of course he is. He's the best coach ever.

But when people bring up the Chandler Jones trade, we rightly retort with "we won the superbowl after traded him!". Well, we've won the superbowl with TB since Jimmy was traded. Like I said, as well, the injuries maaan. JG WILL get injured again. Brady won't. 

I see the counter argument of course

For what it's worth @Hunter2_1, I was never a proponent of Jimmy G being the draft pick, being the replacement for Brady, or being a franchise QB for the Niners after like one and a half starts at the beginning of a season during Brady's suspension. I thought it was hasty to support that decision. However, I have maintained for a few years that I could completely see the Patriots moving on from Brady and being a winning organization capable of competing in the playoffs.

• Like 1