Week 9: Vikings at Arrowhead GDT

onejayhawk

Given the negative things that occurred in the last two weeks, a fan could be excused for getting down. However, by FBOs rankings, the Chiefs are still third in the NFL after the Patriots and the 49ers. The offense is still second to Dallas, the defense slipped slightly to #17, but the ST continue to rise after an uncharacteristic early season. 

The Vikings are two rungs back at #5, base on #5 offense and #8 defense, while ST are a push, #13 for them and #14 for us. The offense is built around Dalvin Cook, the league's leading rusher, and Kirk Cousins, yet another top 10 QB. Their defense favors the run significantly

This is a team that will provide a challenge, but it is a challenge the Chiefs can meet. Hopefully, we will not be quite as shorthanded this week.

• The Chiefs had four starters — DE Frank Clark (neck), RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (ankle), LT Eric Fisher (groin) and DE Alex Okafor (ankle) — miss practice on Thursday. CB Bashaud Breeland (shoulder) returned to practice with the limited status after missing completely on Wednesday.
  • QB Patrick Mahomes (knee) was limited for the fifth straight practice on Thursday. Dustin Colquitt (left thigh) and CB Kendall Fuller (thumb) were also limited.
  • DT Chris Jones (groin) was upgraded to a full participant after being limited on Wednesday.
  • LG Andrew Wylie (ankle) being a full participant two days in a row means he could return this week. Wylie last played Week 5 against the Indianapolis Colts.
  • The Minnesota Vikings had just one player limited on Thursday — WR Adam Thielen (hamstring). Everyone else practiced. There was no change on Minnesota’s side from Wednesday to Thursday.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

I think you guys pull out a squeaker. 27-24 Chiefs. If the Vikings want to win then Dalvin and Mattison have to be focal points. Mahomes or No the Chiefs can light up the board so limiting possesions and chances to develop a rhythem offensively is vital. Please dont pick on Rhodes the WHOLE game....Pretty Please. Good luck and no injuries. Skol!

5 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

I haven't heard this news. Is it confirmed somewhere? Chiefs need to get Mahomes involved IMO. A first round  BYE is at stake. SB champs just don't come without it.

Risk the long-term health of your stud QB just to come back a week or two early? Isn't the chance of re-injury pretty high still?

5 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

I haven't heard this news. Is it confirmed somewhere? Chiefs need to get Mahomes involved IMO. A first round  BYE is at stake. SB champs just don't come without it.

Nah, just speculation on my part. I can't imagine they risk it and I find it hard to believe it would be 100% I've had patella issues since I was a teenager.

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Risk the long-term health of your stud QB just to come back a week or two early? Isn't the chance of re-injury pretty high still?

Not alot of risk when you slap a knee brace on the guy. I imagine Mahomes won't play dumb. Simply having him on the field should benefit the Chiefs gameplan. Chiefs can run the ball alot still. Short passes are available. Chiefs have the personnel to keep PM safe with runs and screens. An occasional deep pass helps to keep the Defense from packing the box.

I like this idea better than using Matt Moore. Sorry, MM is ok but Mahomes wants this.

UPDATE: Mahomes is listed as "questionable" now. So there's a chance he'll play now.

Edited by mayanfootball

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Not seeing Fisher on the current injury list. Is Eric good to go Sunday?

UPDATE: On the nfl.com website, Fisher and LDT are listed as "OUT" for Sunday.

Is Wylie back? Who would fill in in LDT's spot? Makes me think maybe Mahomes needs to take one more week

Here's the latest I have seen on the injury situation. Looks like LDT will be out but Wylie will be back as will Chris Jones. 

LG Andrew Wylie Ankle FP
TE Blake Bell Back FP
QB Patrick Mahomes Knee/Ankle LP
DT Chris Jones Groin FP
CB Kendall Fuller Thumb LP
P Dustin Colquitt Left Thigh LP
DE Alex Okafor Ankle DNP
RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif Ankle DNP
LT Eric Fisher Groin DNP
CB Bashaud Breeland Shoulder LP
DE Frank Clark Neck DNP
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/31/thursday-injury-report-for-kansas-city-chiefs-vs-minnesota-vikings-week-9/

J

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Is Wylie back? Who would fill in in LDT's spot? Makes me think maybe Mahomes needs to take one more week

Kansas City Chiefs Injuries
Blake Bell TE -- Full Participation in Practice --
Bashaud Breeland CB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Andrew Wylie G -- Full Participation in Practice --
Dustin Colquitt P -- Limited Participation in Practice --
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif G Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Eric Fisher T Groin Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Alex Okafor DE Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Out

Makes me think Wylie will be playing

• Like 1