Jimmy Garoppolo Appreciation Thread

y2lamanaki

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is that good???

I think that buys him another 4-5 INTs. Go ahead, Jimmy. Give the ball away. Our D will stop the other team 4 out of 5 times, and then we go ahead and score on the next possession. It's about giving the other team false hope, and then completely deflating them. That Jimmy guy is a genius. He should work at Guantanamo.

• Like 2

Kyle Shanahan believes 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo exceeds some expectations

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/kyle-shanahan-believes-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-exceeds-some-expectations

Shanahan said. “some bad plays do come with that and I understand that and I think Jimmy will get better in that area. I think he does continue to get better in that area and I also think that we could make it easier on him based on the type of game we call and how good we do around him. “But that’s part of football. It’s very rare that you just come out and throw a ton of touchdowns and no picks, but I do like that Jimmy doesn’t seem to be affected by it that he doesn’t go into a shell he still gives us a chance to win. And the more that he can keep playing the way he is without doing those turnovers, how much harder he will be to stop.”  Garoppolo has appeared much more comfortable in the pocket, not shying away from defenders coming towards his lower body which he seemed to do in the preseason. He has made impressive throws with defenders in his face and has not shied away from contact. 

Jimmy G is on pace for 3,991 passing yards and 30 TDs this year. If Jimmy can hit the 4,000 yard mark along with 30 TDs he's in pretty rare company as not many guys do this.

QBs with 4,000/30 seasons:

2014: 8 QBs

2015: 7 QBs

2016: 5 QBs

2017: 1 QB

2018: 7 QBs

If Jimmy G can hit those numbers, he's in good company. This is all with the 49ers having the #2 run offense in the league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We are getting top 10 play from Jimmy G. And obviously he's starting to peak right now. Will need to start quicker against Baltimore though as our defense can't be expected to get four consecutive stops to start the game against the #1 offense in the league. 

I know people keep talking about what SD did, but I;'m not aware of it. 

Would this be the game to go into 3 safety sets and let either Tartt/Ward/Warner spy Lamar? 

Has anyone looked at Jimmy G's ESPN QBR from last night's game? LOL what a joke. I don't even know how espn continues to trump that as a legitimate stat. 

14/20, 253 yards, 2 TD / 0 INT. 

QBR = 18.2. LOL. 

Jameis Winston: 

18/28, 313 yards, 3 touchdowns, 2 interceptions. 

QBR = 90.8, which is pretty much elite territory. 

The game where Winston threw 4 picks against the Saints? Still registered an above average QBR of 57.6. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Has anyone looked at Jimmy G's ESPN QBR from last night's game? LOL what a joke. I don't even know how espn continues to trump that as a legitimate stat. 

QBR = 18.2. LOL. 

Jameis Winston: 

The game where Winston threw 4 picks against the Saints? Still registered an above average QBR of 57.6. 

Was it because Jimmy's TDs came when the team was up double digits? I don't know, but that was a terrible score. Like 18? Really? After the first few drives, he hardly missed on any passes and led like three consecutive scoring drives. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was it because Jimmy's TDs came when the team was up double digits? I don't know, but that was a terrible score. Like 18? Really? After the first few drives, he hardly missed on any passes and led like three consecutive scoring drives. 

It's a horrific measurement. I don't even know how they justify it sometimes. LIke, his QBR in the game against washington? 83. What in the world? lol

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

QBR = 18.2. LOL. 

Jameis Winston: 

It seems to me that they weigh TDs and yardage heavily and don't weight INTs and completion percentage very high. It's just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-11-25 at 11:50 PM, oldman9er said:

I don't even look at that stuff anymore, lol. Just doesn't move my needle. 

Wins move my needle. 

I thought it said "wine moves my needle", which confused me. I thought you were more of a beer and liquor kind of guy. 

• Like 1