Will 3 Teams from the NFC W Make the Playoffs?

Hunter2_1

top 3 to go through?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. NFC W sending 3 to playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

SF (8-0) ; SEA, ARZ, GB, @BAL, @NO, ATL, LAR, @SEA - Probable win total: 13 -15

SEA (6-2) ; TB, @SF, @PHI, MIN, @LAR, @CAR, ARZ, SF - Probable win total: 11-13

LAR (5-3) ; @PIT, CHI, BAL, @ARZ, SEA, @DAL, @SF, ARZ - probable win total: 10 - 12

Key games in making sure of this highlighted in orange - if the West get those wins....

*the probable win totals aren't predictions. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

33 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

My initial thought was no but looking at the rest of the conference who else is there? Minnesota? Carolina? Other than that its the NFCW unless someone wins like all but 1-2 on the schedule

I guess one of GB and MIN will have to miss out - and both are arguable top 5 or 6 teams right now. Dallas and Phillie? 

• Like 1

Vikings beat out the Rams for wildcard spot 2, IMO. They're already a game up, and have games against KC without Mahomes, Denver, LAC, Detroit, and Chicago. Their schedule down the stretch is easier than the Rams. Win one of their harder matchups and they make it to 12-4, potentially.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Vikings beat out the Rams for wildcard spot 2, IMO. They're already a game up, and have games against KC without Mahomes, Denver, LAC, Detroit, and Chicago. Their schedule down the stretch is easier than the Rams. Win one of their harder matchups and they make it to 12-4, potentially.

I expect the Vikings to get in but not convinced the Seahawks get in over the Rams. Their next meeting could decide which team makes the playoffs. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I expect the Vikings to get in but not convinced the Seahawks get in over the Rams. Their next meeting could decide which team makes the playoffs. 

I could certainly see that. I guess right now I just have more faith in Russell Wilson than the Rams as a team. I think the Seahawks are more likely to not get swept by the 49ers as well, which could be big.

Yes. Either the Niners or Seahawks will win the division, the other one will get one of the wild card spots. The Rams currently sit in the 7th spot one game behind the Seahawks whom they play again and the Vikings. I dont trust Cousins down the stretch to eventually get the Vikings into the playoffs. Teams that are behind the Rams are the Panthers which the Rams own the tiebreaker over. The Bears which I dont trust Mitch. The Lions which I dont trust Stafford. The Eagles is the only team that intrigues me. The rest of the NFC we shouldnt even talk about. The Rams have the Steelers in Pittsburgh and the Bears at home. If the Rams can win both games they are sitting at (7-3) and in great shape. So yeah I think three teams will get in from the NFC West. 

It is definitely feasible. I still think the NFC North runner up will still make it (I can't see both the Rams and Seahawks winning 11 games.) 

It is kind of crazy that out of the Vikings, Packers, Cowboys, Eagles, Rams or Seahawks two teams have to miss the playoffs.

I think the Vikes get no fewer than 11 wins, they’ve got a pretty favorable schedule down the stretch. KC and Dallas, both on the road will be tough. Same with Seattle. I’d like to believe MN can win one of those three games. 

Then a game in LA against the Chargers should be a win. 

And three divisional games, all at home. Detroit and Chicago look terrible right now. That Green Bay game will be tough. 

So four difficult games left, if MN can win half of them and win the games they should they will be 12-4. Will the third place team in the West win 11-12 games?

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think the Vikes get no fewer than 11 wins, they’ve got a pretty favorable schedule down the stretch. KC and Dallas, both on the road will be tough. Same with Seattle. I’d like to believe MN can win one of those three games. 

Then a game in LA against the Chargers should be a win. 

And three divisional games, all at home. Detroit and Chicago look terrible right now. That Green Bay game will be tough. 

So four difficult games left, if MN can win half of them and win the games they should they will be 12-4. Will the third place team in the West win 11-12 games?

It is difficult to beat the Seahawks in Seattle but you guys might have it easier there than we will in SF.  Detroit will be no picnic but yes, Chicago is a mess right now.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I could certainly see that. I guess right now I just have more faith in Russell Wilson than the Rams as a team. I think the Seahawks are more likely to not get swept by the 49ers as well, which could be big.

We shall see, but Rams to me are better. Seahawks defense has been below average all season long. I guess the wildcard in all this is if Pete and the crew can get the unit to be at least average? If so, then I'd feel more confident in them. I DO know that the Rams have a top 10ish defense and they are good enough offensively.

Also, something to potentially think about is if SF can clinch the #1 seed before week 17, then they won't play their starters and that will almost surely be a win for the Seahawks. Could end up being huge in determining who makes the playoffs between them and the Rams.