Will 3 Teams from the NFC W Make the Playoffs?

Hunter2_1

top 3 to go through?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. NFC W sending 3 to playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I actually see the opposite. Lions with a healthy Stafford has always given Zimmer fits and I wouldn't rule out GB or Chicago just because they are home games. Both teams have already beaten them this year. And the Chargers could go on a late season surge. I see 3-3 but I think 3-3 still will edge out whoever is in the chase pack.

I get what your saying for division games especially considering what just happened to NO but the Vikings are unbeaten at home and no one has come close to winning yet this year in US Bank Stadium.

I just have trouble seeing the Lions D making enough stops to win and Chicago's offense is a mess and likely has nothing to play for wk17. 

Just now, KOTN-93 said:

I get what your saying for division games especially considering what just happened to NO but the Vikings are unbeaten at home and no one has come close to winning yet this year in US Bank Stadium.

I just have trouble seeing the Lions D making enough stops to win and Chicago's offense is a mess and likely has nothing to play for wk17. 

I really like the Vikings and they could go 5-1, I just don't think it's a favorable schedule. If they got 5-1 they will definitely earn it beating those teams. 

2 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

This has a history of happening. Rare, but still possible.

2007, the "perfect season" Patriots were stopped in the SB by the Giants, who were 3rd in the NFC East that year.

Do I think Rams will make it? Not really but it is possible. 2007 giants made it on the last game of the year so....

The Eagles made it last season on the last game because the Vikings didnt beat the Bears or else they wouldve got in. 

21 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

At the end of the day its not about who the Vikings have on their schedule. Its about will Cousins come through or choke? Like last season all they had to do was win and they get in. They didnt and it opened the door for the Eagles to get in at (9-7).

The difference is that last year, the Bears were a much better team. The Vikes end the year with home games against the division. I think that is favorable. I’d think it’s safe to assume MN can win 2 of 3 with Detroit and Chicago falling off quickly. The Green Bay is a toss up. 

MN should beat the the Chargers and Broncos. 

I’d assume a loss to Seattle.

So 11-5 and probably looking at the 6th playoff seed. 

I think the Vikes schedule does play to their favor with 3 of 4 games at home to close the season and the Vikes are a completely different team at home.

Last years home game against Chicago was a disaster but they were also a good kicking game away from making real noise in the playoffs last year. 

On 11/1/2019 at 11:02 AM, sammymvpknight said:

Brees has never won an MVP...he should have but he didn't. 

Ah yeah, the year that Peyton won mvp over him in 09 despite the fact that there were about 3 other candidates that had better cases than him.  It’s all good though cuz Brees won when it actually counted in the super bowl

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The difference is that last year, the Bears were a much better team. The Vikes end the year with home games against the division. I think that is favorable. I’d think it’s safe to assume MN can win 2 of 3 with Detroit and Chicago falling off quickly. The Green Bay is a toss up. 

MN should beat the the Chargers and Broncos. 

I’d assume a loss to Seattle.

So 11-5 and probably looking at the 6th playoff seed. 

I think the Vikes schedule does play to their favor with 3 of 4 games at home to close the season and the Vikes are a completely different team at home.

Last years home game against Chicago was a disaster but they were also a good kicking game away from making real noise in the playoffs last year. 

I hear you. Like I do believe in the Vikings as a team but Cousins have to show me he can win in pressure games because as I said, it dont matter the schedule. Its the pressure Cousins will have to get the Vikings over the hump into the playoffs and make a push. If he can do it then like the team will be fine overall. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I hear you. Like I do believe in the Vikings as a team but Cousins have to show me he can win in pressure games because as I said, it dont matter the schedule. Its the pressure Cousins will have to get the Vikings over the hump into the playoffs and make a push. If he can do it then like the team will be fine overall. 

I think he’s gotten over it, for the most part. But I get the concern. The Vikes run game has been dominate this year so that helps take the pressure off of him. I think Thielen really needs to get healthy, Diggs has been quiet with Thielen out the past couple of weeks.

but looking at the schedule, they’ve got 3 home games against the Broncos, Lions and Bears. Win just those three and MN is at 10 wins. MN would have to really blow it to lose to any of those at home.

Toss up games will be at Seattle and Green Bay at home. MN should win in LA against the Chargers, but that feels like it could be a let down game. 

Feel like splitting the two road games and winning 2 of 3 division games is pretty realistic. Not super confident that MN gets to 12 wins.

6 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

This has a history of happening. Rare, but still possible.

2007, the "perfect season" Patriots were stopped in the SB by the Giants, who were 3rd in the NFC East that year.

Do I think Rams will make it? Not really but it is possible. 2007 giants made it on the last game of the year so....

They were 2nd in the NFC East.

It went:

1) Cowboys (13-3-0)

2) Giants (10-6-0)

3) Redskins (9-7-0) 

4) Eagles (8-8-0)

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think he’s gotten over it, for the most part. But I get the concern. The Vikes run game has been dominate this year so that helps take the pressure off of him. I think Thielen really needs to get healthy, Diggs has been quiet with Thielen out the past couple of weeks.

but looking at the schedule, they’ve got 3 home games against the Broncos, Lions and Bears. Win just those three and MN is at 10 wins. MN would have to really blow it to lose to any of those at home.

Toss up games will be at Seattle and Green Bay at home. MN should win in LA against the Chargers, but that feels like it could be a let down game. 

Feel like splitting the two road games and winning 2 of 3 division games is pretty realistic. Not super confident that MN gets to 12 wins.

Ill be rooting for the Vikings to beat the Seahawks for sure. But I do see your point. Its going to be an interesting rest of season to see how those last two wildcard spots shake out. Plus the Vikings arent out of winning the division either.