Allen Robinson believed to have suffered a torn ACL

.Buzz

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

There is if hes the most irreplaceable wr we have.  

We let him walk we would need to draft another early wr like sutton when we should focus on the oline and qb

This is true.  But ultimately, if he truly wants out, a Franchise Tag is just delaying the inevitable.  Still worth doing imo, as at least maybe the QB situation improves and he changes his mind.  But you basically get 1 Tag with ARob.  After that, if he still wants out...you really can't double tag financially, especially not to keep a guy who doesn't want to be there in the locker room.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is true.  But ultimately, if he truly wants out, a Franchise Tag is just delaying the inevitable.  Still worth doing imo, as at least maybe the QB situation improves and he changes his mind.  But you basically get 1 Tag with ARob.  After that, if he still wants out...you really can't double tag financially, especially not to keep a guy who doesn't want to be there in the locker room.

I just don’t see the value in spending $16M on a receiver coming off an ACL tear who doesn’t want to be here. He’s likely to have a down year coming off the injury, and actively paying the premium for one season hoping he feels better about us just seems like more of the same throwing money away. 

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I think arob would want to stay if we get an upgrade at qb.  Personally id go sign bridgewater to a henne deal( 2 years 5 each or so) and then use like a 2-4th or maybe a 1 if a guy falls and that should help our qb situation. 

I would offer him like a 3 year 30-36 million deal. He gets wr1 money and its not hurting us 2 long if he doesnt get back. 

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I just don’t see the value in spending $16M on a receiver coming off an ACL tear who doesn’t want to be here. He’s likely to have a down year coming off the injury, and actively paying the premium for one season hoping he feels better about us just seems like more of the same throwing money away. 

Who says he wouldnt want to be here? Afterall based on the last game we played we certainly would 1) be a playoff contendor 2) no state income tax 3) im sure if he took a longterm deal we might even get his thoughts on who he wants as a qb. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Who says he wouldnt want to be here? Afterall based on the last game we played we certainly would 1) be a playoff contendor 2) no state income tax 3) im sure if he took a longterm deal we might even get his thoughts on who he wants as a qb. 

The post that started this chain was predicated on the idea of what happens if he didn’t want to be here. If you want to say he would want to be here, that’s fine and whatever. But I’m speaking to what would happen if he wants to head for greener pastures.

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I think arob would want to stay if we get an upgrade at qb.  Personally id go sign bridgewater to a henne deal( 2 years 5 each or so) and then use like a 2-4th or maybe a 1 if a guy falls and that should help our qb situation. 

I would offer him like a 3 year 30-36 million deal. He gets wr1 money and its not hurting us 2 long if he doesnt get back. 

Bridgewater is going to have someone out there who throws something closer to an Osweiler deal than a Henne deal at him if he hits the market and appears to be healthy.

Honestly this depends on how far this team goes this year. If this team is able to go far without A-Rob, maybe he decides that he wants to help the team that drafted him win and decides to come back on an understandable deal. That being said, if the team is winning without him, they'll know at that point that they don't need him to win games. 

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Bridgewater is going to have someone out there who throws something closer to an Osweiler deal than a Henne deal at him if he hits the market and appears to be healthy.

Yeah, we aren't getting him at the rate of Henne. 

The guy showed serious promise prior to the injury of being a pretty good game manager with potential for more. His knee injury was scary but there's no way he doesn't get a lucrative deal hoping he bounces back. Franchise types at QB's are just way too hard to come by, and although I'm not sure if he can be that he could, and if not a strong chance he's an Alex Smith or near Alex Smith level guy that you can certainly win with.

15 minutes ago, Jags said:

Honestly this depends on how far this team goes this year. If this team is able to go far without A-Rob, maybe he decides that he wants to help the team that drafted him win and decides to come back on an understandable deal. That being said, if the team is winning without him, they'll know at that point that they don't need him to win games. 

Doesn't mean even if we win some games that he wouldn't be a key piece in bringing us another threat offensively.

As I've said before, if we plan on moving on from Blake at any point soon and bringing in a rookie whether it's to start right away or sit behind Blake/FA signing like Alex Smith, than we want to have some legit options for him to throw too. ARob, Hurns, maybe Lee, Dede, Fournette in the backfield, hopefully we draft a TE in the first few rounds, etc.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, we aren't getting him at the rate of Henne. 

The guy showed serious promise prior to the injury of being a pretty good game manager with potential for more. His knee injury was scary but there's no way he doesn't get a lucrative deal hoping he bounces back. Franchise types at QB's are just way too hard to come by, and although I'm not sure if he can be that he could, and if not a strong chance he's an Alex Smith or near Alex Smith level guy that you can certainly win with.

Yep.  Teams be desperate.  We've seen it time and again with teams that throw money (and/or picks) after magic bean QBs with a lot less pedigree than Teddy Two Gloves.

Archived