Draft Talk 2020

SmittyBacall

Here's the thing: Chase may be the better player, but the QB is going to have a bigger impact.  Even if Finley sucks too, you can't guarantee they'll be in position to draft a QB next year.  Bad teams go 6-10 and have the 10th pick all the time.

So yeah, you have to take the QB.

If we get the top pick, it should be Tua. If Miami gets pick 1, we should sign a QB in free agency and take Young. Or trade down for multiple picks from someone wanting Young or Burrow. I'm not sold on Herbert or Hurts as top 5 picks.

Edited by sparky151
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Honestly I’m between Chase Young and Joe Burrow. I’d be happy with either. But those to me are the realistic choices. I don’t think Tua fits this offense, and he’s starting to get banged up

Man, I like Burrow but Tua is clearly the best QB in the draft IMO...

3 hours ago, theJ said:

But he got a whole lot closer!

Also QBs have more impact on the game now than they did 30 years ago. 

It's true.  Game is way slanted to the offense.  Need someone that can take advantage.  Not convinced that any qb in this draft will be good enough to pass on Young, but it's likely how it will go. 

3 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Unless we are moving Jonah Williams to the right side and moving Bobby Hart to the left, a left handed QB can screw some things up for an offensive line. 

Is that really true? Lefty QBs are pretty rare, but id like to hear of an example of that