Draft Talk 2020

SmittyBacall

47 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm still being cautiously optimistic.  Problem is that there are four teams with 1 win still, and 3 of them have a worse SOS than the Bengals (primary tiebreaker).  They could still easily land in the 4th or 5th spot with 2 or 3 wins down the stretch.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

The good news is that the Skins, Jets, and Falcons have QBs. 

Falcons should win another game or two. But we probably need to make sure we lose our games with the Jets and Dolphins to guarantee Tua or Chase. Jets and Dolphins play each other again before our game with the Fins on Dec 22. Not sure who Washington beats. Maybe the Giants. The most Bengal thing ever would be to give away the top pick with a meaningless win vs Miami. 

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

The Skins situation is similar to the Cardinals last season, especially with a new Head Coach coming in. Haskins has shown nothing to avoid taking a QB #1...

Skins fans 'round here are pretty adamant that the Haskins pick was enforced by Redskins owner Dan Snyder, and that as long as Snyder is around next year so will Haskins. Fingers crossed. Plus it's still early. Haskins has time to turn it around. 

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Skins fans 'round here are pretty adamant that the Haskins pick was enforced by Redskins owner Dan Snyder, and that as long as Snyder is around next year so will Haskins. Fingers crossed. Plus it's still early. Haskins has time to turn it around. 

Well i'm pretty sure Snyder will be around.  He is the owner.  Redskins fans couldn't be so lucky that he'd leave by choice or death, given he's only 54.

52 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Falcons should win another game or two. But we probably need to make sure we lose our games with the Jets and Dolphins to guarantee Tua or Chase. Jets and Dolphins play each other again before our game with the Fins on Dec 22. Not sure who Washington beats. Maybe the Giants. The most Bengal thing ever would be to give away the top pick with a meaningless win vs Miami. 

Both the Jets and Dolphins have the Bengals on the tiebreaker.  So while one will have two wins (ignoring possibilities of ties), the Bengals can't win two or they'll finish behind both.

I think by far the most likely scenario is that Ryan Finley provides some sort of spark, the Bengals finish with two wins and the 3rd/4th pick, and miss out on a QB and maybe even chase.  Ryan Finley is your 2020 starter.

Next most likely scenario is that they finish with 0 or 1 wins, top 2 pick and pick Burrow or Tua.  I don't see them picking Chase if one of those two QB's is on the board.

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Both the Jets and Dolphins have the Bengals on the tiebreaker.  So while one will have two wins (ignoring possibilities of ties), the Bengals can't win two or they'll finish behind both.

I think by far the most likely scenario is that Ryan Finley provides some sort of spark, the Bengals finish with two wins and the 3rd/4th pick, and miss out on a QB and maybe even chase.  Ryan Finley is your 2020 starter.

Next most likely scenario is that they finish with 0 or 1 wins, top 2 pick and pick Burrow or Tua.  I don't see them picking Chase if one of those two QB's is on the board.

I still think we can land Burrow picking 3rd, maybe even 4th. The issue is the possibility of getting leap-frogged by other QB needy teams at 3.

1. MIA - Tua                2. NYJ - Chase Young                  3. WAS - Andrew Thomas/Jerry Jeudy/Jeff Okudah              4. CIN - Burrow

That Miami/Cincinnati game is going to be huge. It could literally be the first domino impacting the next decade of football for both franchises.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I still think we can land Burrow picking 3rd, maybe even 4th. The issue is the possibility of getting leap-frogged by other QB needy teams at 3.

1. MIA - Tua                2. NYJ - Chase Young                  3. WAS - Andrew Thomas/Jerry Jeudy/Jeff Okudah              4. CIN - Burrow

That Miami/Cincinnati game is going to be huge. It could literally be the first domino impacting the next decade of football for both franchises.

I think that's will happen.  They'll get leapfrogged or Dan Snyder will fall in love with Burrow and that will be that.  Because we know other franchises will do whatever it takes to get that QB, and the Bengals won't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think that's will happen.  They'll get leapfrogged or Dan Snyder will fall in love with Burrow and that will be that.  Because we know other franchises will do whatever it takes to get that QB, and the Bengals won't.

Missing out on Young and the QBs is a nightmare I don't want to consider yet. Right now we're happily on pace for Tua. Just let us have that.

I don't think we should ignore Herbert.  I know the issues but he can do things on the field that others just can't physically, plus he can run when he needs to. You combine an incredibly talented QB with an offensive minded head coach and it could work better than people think.  Tua is very clearly #1 for me, and Burrow is #2 atm but this Bama game is going to be big for him.  Herbert still has a shot as the #2 QB IMO...

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

The good news is that the Skins, Jets, and Falcons have QBs. 

Falcons should be looking for the eventual successor to Ryan.  I think they would pounce on a QB.  Their fans probably want Chase young more, but they need to start thinking about life after Ryan.