Draft Talk 2020

SmittyBacall

Not being a homer here... Been a very long time (maybe ever) since I’ve seen a college quarterback with Burrows touch, accuracy and anticipation. He’s so athletic inside the pocket and can extend/make plays outside the pocket when the play breaks down. His leadership, character and intangibles are through the roof... coaches son who’s a football junkie and one of the most confident human beings I’ve ever seen.

Bengals fans... Joe dosent have a rocket arm like Mahomes or Lawerence but it’s plenty strong enough to make all the NFL throws. Take it from a lifelong LSU fan, what Burrow did in transforming this LSU offense since his arrival is nothing short of masterful. This kid is the real deal and I’m sure he’s looking fwd to heading back to his home state and helping you guys rebuild.

Be excited... this is a rare talent!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Congratulations on Burrow 

it’s gonna be crazy you all having the best QB in the division 

We'll see.  He hasn't stepped on an NFL field yet and there are two good young guys in Cleveland and Baltimore.  That said,  I can't see how anyone could doubt Joe as the number one pick.  Clemson's defense isn't as good as their ranking or last year's team,  but they are still very good and honestly had the LSU offensive line overmatched for most of the game,  but it didn't matter.  Now excuse me,  but I'm going to go make some mock drafts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

Put to rest any doubts I had about him.  Just played unbelievable against the top talent this season.

On to pick #33 debates...

Best available offensive lineman, guard or tackle.  Have to protect the franchise. Sign a starting LB in FA as our big splash (which the Bengals do from time to time if you really look at FA over the years).  If the value just isn't there for OL, then just go BPA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Best available offensive lineman, guard or tackle.  Have to protect the franchise. Sign a starting LB in FA as our big splash (which the Bengals do from time to time if you really look at FA over the years).  If the value just isn't there for OL, then just go BPA.

So it sounds like you draft will be...

1. Draft Joe

2. Protect Joe

3. Repeat

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He probably won't get there but I'm 100% fixated on Mekhai Becton at 33 to be a monster RT.  He's Willie Anderson sized and more athletic than you'd think.

I'm good with him, as I don't think our linebacker need will be fillable there. However,  I do think that receiver is a sneaky need as even if AJ is resigned,  it's hard to count on him or Ross and while I like Tate and Boyd, they aren't dynamic enough to really push a defense back. But clearly,  we should be looking at offensive line early,  even if it's just a guy to sit for a year.