Draft Talk 2020

SmittyBacall

26 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I don't think our linebacker need will be fillable there.

It's Kenneth Murray or bust there, at the moment. Maybe Zack Baun?

27 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

However,  I do think that receiver is a sneaky need as even if AJ is resigned

I've being saying this for a while. I think it makes more sense to fill a hole on the OL via free agency and draft a receiver at 33, rather than vice versa. I haven't taken a deep dive at WR yet, but Justin Jefferso and Jalen Reagor are two guys I've got my eye on.

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It's Kenneth Murray or bust there, at the moment. Maybe Zack Baun?

I've being saying this for a while. I think it makes more sense to fill a hole on the OL via free agency and draft a receiver at 33, rather than vice versa. I haven't taken a deep dive at WR yet, but Justin Jefferso and Jalen Reagor are two guys I've got my eye on.

I'd like a veteran on the offensive line.  We're pretty young there right now.  Even so, I don't think we should ignore it.  Hopefully an offensive lineman somewhere in the first 4 picks.

Lots of interesting receiver options in 2 and beyond. 

Because I'm bored and having trouble focusing.  Not what I would hope for,  but a lot of players I like.  We'd need to add a couple spots in free agency. 

1 Joe Burrow, QB
33 C.J. Henderson, CB
65 Tyler Johnson, WR
97 Antoine Winfield Jr., S
129 Cole Van Lanen, OT
160 Mohamed Barry, LB
192 Denzel Mims, WR

So as Bengals fans what does it feel like knowing you will be getting Joe Burrow?

The guy only has had the best season in the history of college football or really football at any level.  He has really no negatives.  Is great throwing on the move, can take a hit, is accurate, is a competitor, is calm under pressure, is athletic, is a leader, is humble, is smart, works hard, studies football really well, has a coach for a dad and a comes from a football family, is a fighter etc. etc. etc.

I heard some BS where maybe they will trade a ton for the pick, no way, I bet the Dolphins could give them all of their 1st round picks and 2nd round picks and they still would not give up that #1 overall.  

People say best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, but if you just look at this season alone, he blows Andrew Luck out of the water in terms of his next level ability he has shown already.  More like best QB prospect since Peyton Manning potentially, only knock is the lack of longevity at the college level.  Will be really curious just how great he will be in the NFL and how he will look in that setting.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So as Bengals fans what does it feel like knowing you will be getting Joe Burrow?

The guy only has had the best season in the history of college football or really football at any level.  He has really no negatives.  Is great throwing on the move, can take a hit, is accurate, is a competitor, is calm under pressure, is athletic, is a leader, is humble, is smart, works hard, studies football really well, has a coach for a dad and a comes from a football family, is a fighter etc. etc. etc.

I heard some BS where maybe they will trade a ton for the pick, no way, I bet the Dolphins could give them all of their 1st round picks and 2nd round picks and they still would not give up that #1 overall.  

People say best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, but if you just look at this season alone, he blows Andrew Luck out of the water in terms of his next level ability he has shown already.  More like best QB prospect since Peyton Manning potentially, only knock is the lack of longevity at the college level.  Will be really curious just how great he will be in the NFL and how he will look in that setting.  

Feels great.  People are somewhat hesitant in that they know Mike Brown will find a way to screw it up, even when taking him #1.  I was a bit later onto the bandwagon, but sitting comfortably there.  It also means I'll be bored reading mocks, especially one rounders.

Edited by INbengalfan
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

We'll see.  He hasn't stepped on an NFL field yet and there are two good young guys in Cleveland and Baltimore.  That said,  I can't see how anyone could doubt Joe as the number one pick.  Clemson's defense isn't as good as their ranking or last year's team,  but they are still very good and honestly had the LSU offensive line overmatched for most of the game,  but it didn't matter.  Now excuse me,  but I'm going to go make some mock drafts.

Who?

xD

10 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Who?

xD

I think he’s talking about Fat Baker Mayfield. Have you guys seen a pic of him lately? He looks like Baker Mayfield ate Eddie Lacy... Like how Ben gets when he falls off the diet wagon for a year. 

Edited by Carson4MVP

9 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Feels great.  People are somewhat hesitant in that they know Mike Brown will find a way to screw it up, even when taking him #1.  I was a bit later onto the bandwagon, but sitting comfortably there.  It also means I'll be bored reading mocks, especially one rounders.

He’s gonna be a great fit in Cincy... He an Ohio kid and outside of all of his qualities one of Joes best attributes is that he’s tougher than a $2 steak!!!

Joe will succeed in that division, the only person that can derail Joes NFL career is Mike Brown. Time will tell

3 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

He’s gonna be a great fit in Cincy... He an Ohio kid and outside of all of his qualities one of Joes best attributes is that he’s tougher than a $2 steak!!!

Joe will succeed in that division, the only person that can derail Joes NFL career is Mike Brown. Time will tell

Is Justin Jefferson worth targeting at the top of round 2?

7 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I don't know what team Joe cheered for as a kid in Athens. But he's had a lifetime of exposure to Mike Brown's ways. If I were him, I'd quietly tell the Bengals not to draft me, I won't sign with a team run that way and want to play for a team with a chance to win a championship. Mike Brown being an idiot would probably still go ahead and draft Burrow and dare him to sit out a year. Burrow, with endorsement money in hand, might just pull a Bo Jackson and not sign after being the #1 overall pick. 

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

My God you are being insufferable lately.  So we should pass on drafting him because he drives past Skyline?  Yup causation=/= correlation.

And continuing to suggest that Burrow would tell Brown to not draft him is disingenuous at best.