Draft Talk 2020

SmittyBacall

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)

Round 2 Pick 15 (ATL): Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin (A-)

Round 3 Pick 1: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State (A-)

Round 3 Pick 24 (N.O.): Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (B+)

Round 4 Pick 1: Akeem Davis-Gaither, OLB, Appalachian State (A)

Round 4 Pick 13 (ATL): Troy Pride, CB, Notre Dame (A)

Round 5 Pick 1: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A)

Round 5 Pick 23 (N.O.): Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (A+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Shaquille Quarterman, ILB/OLB, Miami (A+)

Round 7 Pick 14 (ATL): Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)

Round 7 Pick 16 (ATL): Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida (A+)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I ran a mock and ended up with not much to choose from at 33, Tee Higgins and Grant Delpit were the top guys available. I had a run of linebackers in the 1st. I’m thinking we may be trading back boys. 

If Tee Higgins is there, he's probably BPA, and I have no complaints about taking him.

from Hobson
“Yet, Callahan is slowly having his heart broken. There's this other receiver who is running so well and catching so smoothly and having such a good night that it almost feels like he's saying goodbye to a friend he's enjoyed getting to know. If this guy is available with the 33rd pick at the top of the second round so they can simply debate taking him, it's going to be a miracle.

And, yes, the Bengals would have to talk about a highly-rated receiver if he falls through to 33 even though the conventional wisdom is the Bengals need defensive help.“

Talking about Jefferson I presume. 

22 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

from Hobson
“Yet, Callahan is slowly having his heart broken. There's this other receiver who is running so well and catching so smoothly and having such a good night that it almost feels like he's saying goodbye to a friend he's enjoyed getting to know. If this guy is available with the 33rd pick at the top of the second round so they can simply debate taking him, it's going to be a miracle.

And, yes, the Bengals would have to talk about a highly-rated receiver if he falls through to 33 even though the conventional wisdom is the Bengals need defensive help.“

Talking about Jefferson I presume. 

I would love having him at 33, it’s just really tough to imagine him falling that far. There’s so many WR-needy teams in the 20s, and he seems to have separated himself from the pack of WRs after Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs, with the way the combine went. I think he’s the next receiver taken after those 3. I currently have him mocked to New Orleans.

It’s nice that it least appears as though they’re considering WR at 33. Tee Higgins would be a dream pairing with Burrow (depending on his pro day numbers). 

Round 1 talents:

QB (3): Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert
RB (0): Honestly, I wouldn't take any of Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift in rd 1
WR (6): Cee Dee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Tee Higgins
TE (0): Nope
OT (5): Tristan Wirfs, Mechi Becton, Jedrick Wills, Andrew Thomas, Josh Jones
IOL (0): Nope

Ouch, that's only 14 rd 1 guys on offense

Edge (5): Chase Young, K'Lavon Chiasson, Zack Baun, Terrell Lewis, AJ Epenesa?
IDL (4): Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, Neville Gallimore, Ross Blacklock
LB (3): Isaiah Simmons, Patrick Queen, Kenneth Murray
CB (5): Jeffrey Okudah, Kristian Fulton, CJ Henderson, Jeff Gladney, Damon Arnette
S (3): Xavier McKinney, Grant Delpit, Antoine Winfield Jr

20 defensive players, so two of the guys listed above are guaranteed to be there at 33.  We start getting more options if other guys get pushed up into rd 1 like Trevon Diggs, Jordan Love, AJ Terrell, Cesar Ruiz, Lloyd Cushionberry, Lucas Niang, Austin Jackson, Leviska Shenault, Jalen Raegor, or any of the 3 top RB's.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm still not sure 5 WR go in rd 1, when the NFL is littered with quality WR's from rounds 2-5.  I won't be shocked if one of Jefferson or Mims makes it to 33.

I want to believe that to be true. Here’s how I see it:

Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs should all go top 15 or so. That leaves about another 15 picks until we’re on the clock again. Chances are another receiver goes during that span, and chances are the next guy is Jefferson. He’s too productive, tested too well, and there’s too many other teams needing receiver in the second half of the first round for him to last to 33. I don’t think he makes it. But man, that would be awesome pairing Joe with Jefferson for the next 10 years. 

Mims on the other hand, I don’t think goes 1st, and I don’t think I like him enough to take him at 33. He’s a 2nd round guy to me, even with the great combine and Senior bowl. 

Edited by SmittyBacall