Draft Talk 2020

SmittyBacall

@TheVillain112 i don't know what you did to that post, but i can't quote it lol.

I agree that OL is now the most pressing need.  They have 1 spot that's definitely worse than last year, and 2 spots that they're just praying for players to improve in.  They also just don't have any depth, so they need to add OL anyway.

However, they can't just pass on a better player because the OL is weak.  If there's a better LB that makes a bigger impact, they should take him.  Thinking otherwise is what got this team Billy Price.

• Like 1

Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, and Becton are for sure gone by 33

I don't see Niang, Wanogho, Hennessy, or Cushenberry as value at 33, so any of these better come after a trade down to pick up another 4th (or 3rd if we fall more than 10-12 picks).  I'd rather have Isaiah Wilson than any of these four, and i'm not sure if Wilson is value at 33 either.

I'm worried Jones, Jackson, and Ruiz will be gone by 33, but would like any of those three at that spot.

The idea scenarios for the Bengals to get value if they hold tight and pick at 33

• CB's get over drafted in round one (Jeff Okudah, EJ Henderson, Cristian Fulton, AJ Terrell, Jaylon Johnson,Jeff Gladney, Trevon Diggs, Damon Arnette could all potentially be rd 1 guys)
  • DL and Edge guys go heavy (Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, Ross Blacklock, Chase Young, AJ Epenesa, Yetur Gross-Matos, K'Lavon Chaisson, Zack Baun)
  • The 2nd tier of QB's get overdrafted to get that 5th year option (Love, Eason, Hurts go rd 1 after the top 3)
  • The top 3 safeties go rd 1 (McKinney, Delpit, and Winfield)
  • Some of the top 3 RB go rd 1 (Taylor, Dobbins, Swift)

The more of these that happen, the better the odds we see a stud on the board at 33.

• Like 1

None of the interior guys should be on the Bengals list at 33. There are some tackles who might go in the late 1st but could be around at 33. Protecting Burrow should be our first, second, and third, priorities in the draft. We need a new RG and RT.  Cleveland or Jackson could easily be available at 33. They're not very physical though. I'd like to get Wilson and am willing to take him at 33 to be sure he's a Bengal. That would leave pick 65 for BPA and we could get a guard in round 4. Stenburg, Lewis, maybe Muti should be available then.