Draft Talk 2020

SmittyBacall

I think Burrow's arm strength is comparable to Dalton's now, which is better than it was when Dalton was coming out of college.  Arm strength is something that can be increased some upon entering the NFL, as long as you have at least a solid baseline of arm strength to start with, which I think Burrow has.

31 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

And Eli isn’t?

Eli Manning - 234 games played
241 INT's, 56 fumbles lost
1.3 turnovers/game

Daniel Jones - 11 games played
11 INT's, 10 fumbles lost
1.9 turnovers/game

If you want to only look at Eli's last 5 years (2014-2018):

79 games played
68 INT's, 21 fumbles lost
1.1 turnovers/game

So, yes he is, but not to the degree that Jones is.  The difference in that almost 1 turnover/game is not a trivial thing.  It's likely somewhere between 3-10 points, depending on where the turnover occurs and who the opponent is.

Also, Eli's other metrics are better too.  NY/A, Y/A, sack%, Y/C, etc.  He's a better QB still.

44 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

What if Burrow pulls an Eli/Elway? 

Then Mike Brown will let him rot for years on an reserved/inactive list, and he'll maybe never play football.

Someday people will learn not to hold out on Mike Brown.  The most stubborn man alive.

• Like 1

I don't believe he'd do that anyway.  And in any case, the Bengals aren't as bad as their record indicates.  They've played a lot of close games, have a brutal schedule (toughest in the NFL if i'm looking at the right column) and are perhaps lucky to some extent they don't have 4-5 wins.

The QB that leads this offense next year will have AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, John Ross, Auden Tate, and Joe Mixon as weapons around him.  Several coaches who have been QB coaches in previous lives, and a city that won't toss him out after 8 games if he's not Mahomes.  I mean, it took about 3-4 years before some people were sick of Andy Dalton, and probably 6-7 years for the entirety of the fan base to turn against him.

I actually think this is a pretty good landing spot for Burrow, all things considered.