2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

This year already has "rumors going around. One of the latest rumor is Draymond Green being available since GS may want to rebuild. Boston is said to be a team that should be interested. I am not going to lie, Dray would fit perfectly On Boston with all of Boston's scorers, his ability to be a pass first PF and defender would help gel the team the way he did for GS when they had all the scorers. 

My guess it would take Smart, Grant Williams plus another salary fill in, and 2 unprotected firsts from Boston. 

Edited by resilient part 2

24 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Nuggets continue to squeak out games and eventually try to trade Nikola Jokic to ... the Celtics. 😎

jk.

Tatum (21)

Robert Williams (22)

Maybe a 1st Round Pick

for

Jokic (24)

🤪

I think both teams would have major issues with trust in their front office more so than anything. The talent and fit/chemistry/identity/cap would fit over time I believe.

Likelihood of happening even if Jokic has a terrible season for whatever reason while Tatum steadily improves and Williams maintains his high level to start the season?

1% chance because both teams are in a championship hunt at this point in time and Danny Ainge wouldn't be willing to move on from Tatum for anyone but a proven super star with a deal already in place and commitment/dedication to the Celtics a la KG circa 2007. The Nuggets would have to be severely underperforming the rest of this season, convincingly a non-threat in the West as currently constructed, and looking ahead to the future without Millsap, having MPJ starting, to consider a major move like trading Jokic if he is also playing poorly all season. And only for a rare asset like an even younger player in Tatum who can start and play like an all-star while also getting a young, talented, starting caliber replacement at center who can play both end of the court in place of Jokic.

This should get your thread going quickly @resilient part 2.

Edited by DoleINGout

7 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

This year already has "rumors going around. One of the latest rumor is Draymond Green being available since GS may want to rebuild. Boston is said to be a team that should be interested. I am not going to lie, Dray would fit perfectly On Boston with all of Boston's scorers, his ability to be a pass first PF and defender would help gel the team the way he did for GS when they had all the scorers. 

My guess it would take Smart, Grant Williams plus another salary fill in, and 2 unprotected firsts from Boston. 

I don't think they'd make that trade, either, especially given Grant looks to provide a similar skillset to Draymond and is much younger. 

On 11/1/2019 at 7:20 PM, Troy Brown said:

I don't think they'd make that trade, either, especially given Grant looks to provide a similar skillset to Draymond and is much younger. 

I would hope the Celtics stayed away from that trade.

Myles Turner though? Sign me up. Or like I said, if thing go really sour in Denver, then maybe Jokic makes sense but they'd have to trade Smart, Tatum, and at least one other player plus potentially a good pick or so.

Best to just stick with the roster as is because the Celtics look like a title contender.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:43 AM, resilient part 2 said:

Lol no thanks. Smart is probably an equal or close to equal defender. I’ll never understand why you’re so desperate to move Smart.

• Like 1