2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

Up until this season, Marcus Smart was a low percentage scorer and I'd argue a low IQ player on offense overall. Doesn't help that Kyrie Irving, Terry Rozier, and Marcus Morris led the trend of isolation basketball that ruined the Celtics season last year. Jaylen Brown would just try to jump over everyone, Tatum was always thrown off rhythm, Gordon Hayward was still fragile mentally and physically, and Aron Baynes went on runs of hucking up three pointers whilst going through the process of expanding his range. Even Semi Ojeleye would only seem to settle for threes if he ever got the ball kicked out to him.

At least Al Horford wasn't completely selfish to the point of crippling the offense. Smart however prior to this season was as much a part of the Celtics problem on offense as anyone. This year? Smart is arguably the best player all-around on the team with Jaylen Brown, Kemba Walker, and a healthy Gordon Hayward.

19 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

So @champ11 .. what would it take for Denver to trade Mason Plumlee to Boston? Would you do it for Daniel Theis or Kanter and perhaps a first-round pick?

Plumlee would make some sense for you guys as an upgrade. I think the Nuggets would do Plumlee for Theis but I don't think the salaries would work for Boston

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Portland sucks this year. What are some realistic trades they can make? I'd look to flip Whiteside and McCollum. 

Kent Bazemore and Nassir Little for Andre Iguodala, Jae Crowder, Phoenix 2020 2nd Round Pick, and Portland 2021 2nd Round Pick.

Hassan Whiteside, Skal Labissiere, 2020 1st Round Pick and 2023 1st Round Pick for Blake Griffin or Kevin Love.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Kent Bazemore and Nassir Little for Andre Iguodala, Jae Crowder, Phoenix 2020 2nd Round Pick, and Portland 2021 2nd Round Pick.

Hassan Whiteside, Skal Labissiere, 2020 1st Round Pick and 2023 1st Round Pick for Blake Griffin or Kevin Love.

I doubt if this could work but if there was a way to get an agreement with the team, let's say Boston, agreement is a buyout / trade to Boston for let's say a draft pick, so this way they can squeeze in his salary in the buyout and Boston gives some cash for the buyouts as well.

Other than that none of the top teams have any kind of cap space to absorb 17 million for AI.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I doubt if this could work but if there was a way to get an agreement with the team, let's say Boston, agreement is a buyout / trade to Boston for let's say a draft pick, so this way they can squeeze in his salary in the buyout and Boston gives some cash for the buyouts as well.

Other than that none of the top teams have any kind of cap space to absorb 17 million for AI.

They don't need to absorb his salary, just match it. Portland, LA, Dallas, Miami, and a few others could match it.