2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

keep our boy @J-ALL-DAY in your thoughts and prayers today 

I'm really trying to wrap my head around the fact that the wolves got off wiggins for just one first and got Dlo as well.

(i don't think either player is great but dlo is certainly better)

Getting that 2021 1st is huge! Could be a top 5-10 pick. 

Interested in seeing if Wiggins can develop into a solid three point shooter or not. His defense will have to be better but not terribly upset at the deal to be honest. Still want to see what they can do with their 1st rounder this offseason. 

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interested in seeing if Wiggins can develop into a solid three point shooter or not. His defense will have to be better but not terribly upset at the deal to be honest. Still want to see what they can do with their 1st rounder this offseason. 

Knowing the Timberwolves, I'd say the chances are that it will be.  This may turn out to be a good deal for both teams when all is said and done.

16 hours ago, The LBC said:

I could be wrong, but aren't the slate of teams with fat wads to spend in 2020-21 season free agency pretty meh in terms of the following year.  Cavs could be banking on that, figuring Drummond opts in and waits for the summer of 2021.  As for what their plan is from there, they may not even know, maybe he's a actionable trade piece to dangle in front of a contender or a would-be contender, maybe they feel they'll actually have a team worthy of enticing him to staying with.  He is, after all, younger than Nance - and it's not like they've been giving Nance the minutes they probably should.

As far as the Piston go... eh... I'm in the same boat you are.  I've decided that they must just really hate Andre Drummond.

I think the Pistons plan is to try and sign a max player this offseason. With Reggie Jackson off the books and now Drummond gone they should have enough to sign someone. I don’t know much about the free agency market, but I could see them targeting like Gordon Hayward. They most likely can’t convince someone like that to come, but the Pistons have never been committed to actually tearing things down. I could see them trying to trot out: Rose, Kennard, FA, Sekou, Griffin and then have a top 5 pick off the bench. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Marvin Williams getting bought out. Hope he heads our way. Would be nice to have a capable small ball 5 who can switch on the perimeter during the playoffs. Good insurance for a series where BroLo might get played off the floor. 

Goldblumwellthereitis.gif

On 2/6/2020 at 7:16 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Watch GSW get first overall this year and #4 overall next year would be awesome.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, billking said:

Only 3 games in Andrew Wiggins is making strides in the warriors system.

No one should be surprised if it does work out with Andrew Wiggins. Not saying that it was a guarantee cuz it certainly isn't but a change of scenery with the right situation and maybe Supporting Cast and be a world of difference. Not quite the same comparison but Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown look so much better now that Kyrie Irving is gone different situation different opportunity

• 5 months later...

**** Bump.. next season

Just wondering, what about a healthy Ben Simmons plus Tobias Harris for Jamal Murray and MPJ (assuming salaries are close, if not add filler)

Looking at Philly maybe looking to make a change and getting very good - great talent in return... Denver adds Simmons with Jokic, play an up-tempo style and Simmons plays at his peak and much better fit with the best passing Big.. Tobias Harris adds a still young all around shooter scorer to their mix??

a win win??? who would say no??? 

@RandyMossIsBoss and @champ11 ???

Edited by resilient part 2