49ers LB Kwon Alexander out for season

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Brutal. He was the dude that got the insanely big contract too right?

depends on what you mean by insanely big. On the surface, it was big. In reality is was a one year, 14.5 million dollar deal or so. We could cut him next year, save 10 million in cap and only have 3m dead money. It was an extremely friendly deal. That being said, Alexander was absolutely living up to the contract, so I don't know if that is a move we are going to make. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Of course, I selfishly want to see the 49ers get weaker...but I hope Kwon gets better soon. He was having a really good season. 49ers should be fine, but this definitely hurts them a bit.

Really hurts the pass defense because none of the back ups are even close in that regard, nevermind the fact that none of the linebackers outside of Kwon are really "playmakers" (IE, create turnovers). The run defense may or may not be impact all that much (we currently aren't all that great at it anyway, sometimes), but the passing defense and third down defensive efficiency could take a definite hit. The ability to keep running backs contained out of the backfield could also be pretty substantially hurt, which may be a big deal with the likes of Kamara, Jones, etc etc coming up. 

This is an injury I absolutely loathe. 

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really hurts the pass defense because none of the back ups are even close in that regard, nevermind the fact that none of the linebackers outside of Kwon are really "playmakers" (IE, create turnovers). The run defense may or may not be impact all that much (we currently aren't all that great at it anyway, sometimes), but the passing defense and third down defensive efficiency could take a definite hit. The ability to keep running backs contained out of the backfield could also be pretty substantially hurt, which may be a big deal with the likes of Kamara, Jones, etc etc coming up. 

This is an injury I absolutely loathe. 

Yeah, Kamara was pretty much immediately what I thought of. It definitely hurts their ability to matchup with CMac and Kamara (and Jones/Cook to a lesser extent).

Edited by sammymvpknight