WR upgrade

Ty21

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

Allen Robinson could be a solid 'get'... coming off a torn ACL, but that dude had 1400 yards and 14 TDs his 2nd year in the league.

I would jump for joy with Allen Robinson coming to the bears.  Realistically I don't have high hopes.  When has Pace signed a Top Tier FA.  Bears struck out on CB this free agency period.  I would just hope that the promise of mitch trubisky and a new head coach would lure some great players to the bear.  I think pace will sign some mid tier guys and draft a WR in the first two rounds.  I could see a Dontrelle Inman and a Deon Cain in the 2nd. 

Just now, Rogerthat said:

I would jump for joy with Allen Robinson coming to the bears.  Realistically I don't have high hopes.  When has Pace signed a Top Tier FA.  Bears struck out on CB this free agency period.  I would just hope that the promise of mitch trubisky and a new head coach would lure some great players to the bear.  I think pace will sign some mid tier guys and draft a WR in the first two rounds.  I could see a Dontrelle Inman and a Deon Cain in the 2nd. 

That's the beauty of it man... I don't think Robinson is going to break the bank. It can be argued he was a one-year wonder and he's coming off a torn ACL.

11 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Whether or not you think they were top tier FA's at the time, Pace has definitely landed some top tier talents in FA with the signings of Hicks, Freeman, Trevethan and Sitton just to name a few.  

Jury is still out on guys like Cooper and Amukamara but early signs are good.  Obviously he's had some dud signings too like Antrel Rolle and Mike Glennon, but overall there's been more good signings than bad.

I wouldn't sweat it if Pace continues to choose to pass on the top tier FA's.  Signing those players isn't always the best decision from a financial standpoint, because they will warrant more guarantees than the tier two guys and so on.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

That's the beauty of it man... I don't think Robinson is going to break the bank. It can be argued he was a one-year wonder and he's coming off a torn ACL.

Having 2 guys coming off ACL tears would worry me.

Apparently it is well known that Landry won't be back in Miami and that they are focused on Stills and Parker.

Archived