Beavercreek 

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

What teams do you root for?

See above 

Do any of you coach HS football?

See above 

Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

I always root for local GWOC teams and any Ohio public schools that play private ones.

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Didn’t Darby make it to the title game a fee years ago?

Hilliard Davidson made it and won it a few times. They were/are legit.

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

And AJ Hawk was from Centerville if I recall correctly, right?

Yes! And Mike Nugent as well, was a year older than him, and was a great option QB in addition to being a kicker. Hawk was a FB/MLB at Centerville, graduated in 2002, and was a freshman on the 2002 National Title team (he played a lot as a true freshman).

Braxton Miller was from Wayne (as was Robert Landers, senior DT at OSU).

Trey DePriest (MLB Alabama a few years ago) was from Springfield.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Didn’t Darby make it to the title game a fee years ago?

And AJ Hawk was from Centerville if I recall correctly, right?

Yes I believe they did or went pretty far at least and if I recall correctly got beaten by one of the Catholic schools that is always in it. 

Davidson has a pretty good history traditionally, I believe they won a title most recently about 10 years ago.

And yes, AJ Hawk, Mike Nugent, and Kirk Herbstreit or all Centerville guys.

Edited by NateDawg

I played when I was in high school, but I didn't take it seriously at all. 

In fact, I still have a copy of our depth chart from when I was a senior.

Here is my spot on the chart.

giphy.gif

I've been the Public Address announcer for the Perkins Pirates football (and soccer) teams for the past decade.  I did some coaching back in the mid to late 90's, and we won a D4 State Championship in 1999.  Great group of young men that year.  

We should have quite a few teams from our conference (Sandusky Bay Conference) in the playoffs.  Norwalk, Tiffin Columbian, Sandusky and possibly Clyde.

Won't be cheering for Clyde.  (Ex wife is from there.)

I am a Sandusky alum, but they just beat us 49-14 last night, so they might be out.  Tiffin Columbian hung 47 on us two weeks ago, so screw them too.  :) 

One of my former co-workers is the Asst. Principal now at Norwalk, and I know the PA guy there.  Might have to support them.

Edited by Bucketheadsdad

42 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I've been the Public Address announcer for the Perkins Pirates football (and soccer) teams for the past decade.  I did some coaching back in the mid to late 90's, and we won a D4 State Championship in 1999.  Great group of young men that year.  

Lol you work at Perkins? I had no idea. I had an interview there and totally bombed it when they had an ELA spot open a couple years ago. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I played when I was in high school, but I didn't take it seriously at all. 

In fact, I still have a copy of our depth chart from when I was a senior.

Here is my spot on the chart.

giphy.gif

We should have quite a few teams from our conference (Sandusky Bay Conference) in the playoffs.  Norwalk, Tiffin Columbian, Sandusky and possibly Clyde.

Won't be cheering for Clyde.  (Ex wife is from there.)

I am a Sandusky alum, but they just beat us 49-14 last night, so they might be out.  Tiffin Columbian hung 47 on us two weeks ago, so screw them too.  :) 

One of my former co-workers is the Asst. Principal now at Norwalk, and I know the PA guy there.  Might have to support them.

We play Tiffin Columbian in the 1st round next week! What can you tell me about them?

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Kenston Bombers baby

As far as rooting interests outside of that I pull for any public high school (Mentor, Euclid, Solon, etc.) over Ed's and Ignatius then whoever is coming out of NE Ohio over everybody else.

Kenston? What year?