Ohio High School Football

BleedTheClock

I played for Perry (Lake). They are currently the 3rd or 4th ranked team in D4. Have one of the best RBs in the state.

I root for anyone that plays in Northeast Ohio. 

coached for a few years but quit when changed careers. I do miss it but I love having all that time back 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

We play Tiffin Columbian in the 1st round next week! What can you tell me about them?

If I remember correctly (I was looking for the roster I was sent for their game, but realized that they sent us a roster from about 4 years earlier.  

If I'm not mistaken, they had a couple dynamic running backs (powerful) and a qb that could run the ball well too.  I think they (might have been Norwalk) had a 6'5" receiver that would do little more than run streaks.  Suspect hands.  Very good team.  Best I saw this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

If I remember correctly (I was looking for the roster I was sent for their game, but realized that they sent us a roster from about 4 years earlier.  

If I'm not mistaken, they had a couple dynamic running backs (powerful) and a qb that could run the ball well too.  I think they (might have been Norwalk) had a 6'5" receiver that would do little more than run streaks.  Suspect hands.  Very good team.  Best I saw this year.

Thanks! We don’t get films from them until 10am tomorrow. Hopefully we can match their receivers, as we only have 1 elite cover man. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Went to St. Eds...played (not really) on the football team in 87...

Coached a few years of middle school football when i taught at Oberlin.

Listen to all the haters of private schools..but dgaf...

Root for my eagles year round!!!

Yeah I don't really understand the private school hate? 

17 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I don't hate them, it just feels like an upset if a public school beats them.  Although at this point I don't know if Mentor really counts 😂

I think its a little more impressive what Mentor is doing with the success Kirtland is having in the area. In the past the good talent from Kirtland went to Mentor or great depth players at Mentor stayed on the team. Now, Kirtland is keeping their top talent and talented back ups are transferring and becoming very good starters for Kirtland. Im really intrigued on who Mentor will hire for their HC opening. About to get flooded with applications

On 11/3/2019 at 8:24 AM, buno67 said:

Im really intrigued on who Mentor will hire for their HC opening.

They already named their OC the next head coach.

Does anyone know anything about Mansfield? They're the Mansfield Senior Tygers. After an upset win over Tiffin Columbian last weekend, we get them this week.

33 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

They already named their OC the next head coach.

Does anyone know anything about Mansfield? They're the Mansfield Senior Tygers. After an upset win over Tiffin Columbian last weekend, we get them this week.

I went to the Wooster Mansfield game. Mansfield is blazing fast in terms of receivers/dbs along with a decent running back. QB is one of the better that the school has seen in awhile, as well being an athlete to boot. I also believe they have an o line men committed to Ball st along with a tight end with multiple d1 offers.

Wooster beat them with a ground pound approach, with an occasional jump ball to their large receivers. If you have any size on your team in terms of receivers or tight ends, you can abuse them physically since their dbs are smaller (even their Michigan st offered player). If your line is comparable to Wooster, I wouldn't be to scared about the trenches either (though Mansfield's lines are alot to handle for lesser teams).

Edited by Here'sJim

46 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

I went to the Wooster Mansfield game. Mansfield is blazing fast in terms of receivers/dbs along with a decent running back. QB is one of the better that the school has seen in awhile, as well being an athlete to boot. I also believe they have an o line men committed to Ball st along with a tight end with multiple d1 offers.

Wooster beat them with a ground pound approach, with an occasional jump ball to their large receivers. If you have any size on your team in terms of receivers or tight ends, you can abuse them physically since their dbs are smaller (even their Michigan st offered player). If your line is comparable to Wooster, I wouldn't be to scared about the trenches either (though Mansfield's lines are alot to handle for lesser teams).

Thanks for the info!

We are a disciplined and hard-nosed team, but we have like no physical talent. Our OL is small, our WR's are slow, our RB's can't break big runs, our DB's are small and slow.....I have no idea how we've won 9 games lol

We wear teams down physically and have a great front 7 in terms of technicians, but Mansfield is likely to create splash plays against us. That WR (Angelo Grose) is a freaking monster comparable to an Antonio Brown type of player. Not very big, but wins jump balls and is quicker than shiz. They're going to be a very tough out for us, as we struggle to lock down deep ball teams.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Thanks for the info!

We are a disciplined and hard-nosed team, but we have like no physical talent. Our OL is small, our WR's are slow, our RB's can't break big runs, our DB's are small and slow.....I have no idea how we've won 9 games lol

We wear teams down physically and have a great front 7 in terms of technicians, but Mansfield is likely to create splash plays against us. That WR (Angelo Grose) is a freaking monster comparable to an Antonio Brown type of player. Not very big, but wins jump balls and is quicker than shiz. They're going to be a very tough out for us, as we struggle to lock down deep ball teams.

Sounds good. I will be at the game this Friday (I live in  the Wooster area) so it'll be cool to see you guys play.

• Like 1