2019 Panthers Season Thread

Zithers2

Pretty embarrassing loss today. Kyle Allen looking like crap, OL looking like crap, run defense looking like crap, Donte Jackson looking like crap and then blaming coaches to the media...

At least Ian Thomas had a solid game outside of that bobble. And CMC did some more statpadding. CMC is now just under 300 yards away from both 1,000 receiving and 1,500 rushing. Gonna fall short of the YFS record unless he has at least two monster games, which seems unlikely given the competition coming up. Oh well. DJ Moore also hit 1,000 yards and is the first wideout we've had hit that mark since Kelvin Benjamin in his 2014 rookie campaign.

Saw a rumor that Kevin Stefanski could be a major target at HC for us. He went to UPenn and Tepper is apparently notorious for only hiring Ivy people (stupid but whatever). He's the Vikings OC and they appear to have a solid offense, though it probably helps having Thielen, Diggs, and Cook.

Still think we need to dump Hurney asap. Supposedly we want to target Kevin Colbert from the Steelers, whose contract ends this season, but that seems farfetched to me. We could, however, target Brandon Hunt, who is in the Steelers FO. Apparently he is largely responsible for Antonio Brown being drafted and pushing for the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade. Both good moves! And learning under Colbert for ten years is a good thing as well.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:50 PM, Zithers2 said:

Saw a rumor that Kevin Stefanski could be a major target at HC for us. He went to UPenn and Tepper is apparently notorious for only hiring Ivy people (stupid but whatever). He's the Vikings OC and they appear to have a solid offense, though it probably helps having Thielen, Diggs, and Cook.

That would be a great hire. I've been impressed with the Vikings offense this year. 

He probably wouldn't be able to put together a great staff, especially if they go deep in the playoffs. 

Would need to find someone to run the defense 

On 12/8/2019 at 8:50 PM, Zithers2 said:

Pretty embarrassing loss today. Kyle Allen looking like crap, OL looking like crap, run defense looking like crap, Donte Jackson looking like crap and then blaming coaches to the media...

Let's hope they got that trash game out of the way and can refocus this week. Sometimes losing your coach can spark a team, and sometimes they like the guy and it's a huge distraction. 

You guys can beat Seattle at home. You really can. You are going to have to play like you give a damn though lol 

Edited by N4L

On 12/12/2019 at 11:22 PM, Zithers2 said:

Absolutely laughable notion that we can beat Seattle. Russ and Carson will have 150+ rushing easily.

This is a week that you will learn a lot about your team. It's a culture thing for you guys at home. Who wants to play in Carolina next year? What kind of heart do you have as a team? It's a new owner and I'd bet he tries to rally the troops a little bit in this spot. People that don't play hard over the last 3 weeks aren't gonna be part of the long term plans so I hope for your sake they show up. 

Seattle's defense is not very good tbh. They have good corners but you can attack them over the middle all day long. They can't cover TEs for ****, or Rbs out of the backfield either. CMC should catch 15 passes this week

Kyle allen needs to get his head out of his *** first though lol 

It's possible is all I am saying. Improbable, sure, but not impossible. When Seattle wins, they don't win by a lot. Typically it's 1 score 

I mean, I don't want most of our players in Carolina next year. Tepper already flipped out on the team after the embarrassing Steelers loss last season and 49ers loss this season. Didn't help. Both teams went on enormous skids. 6-2 to 7-9 last year, 4-2 to 5-8 this season.

Not sure Greg Olsen is even playing or if he's still in concussion protocol.

In other news we activated Chris Hogan from short-term IR and put Greg Little on IR. Pick is not working out at all, as I predicted when it was made! Thanks, Hurney!

On 12/26/2019 at 8:32 PM, Jlowe22 said:

How likely do the Panthers play this last game like it's their superbowl?  Ruining the season of a division rival is good motivation.

However, after listening to the Greg Olsen interview, I'm not sure what to expect.

It wouldn’t ruin anything. The Saints will very likely be the #3 seed either way. I have it 

#1: 8%
#2: 34%
#3: 58%

The Saints should win this one. My only concern is the weather. 

33 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

It wouldn’t ruin anything. The Saints will very likely be the #3 seed either way. I have it 

#1: 8%
#2: 34%
#3: 58%

The Saints should win this one. My only concern is the weather. 

It would potentially ruin a bye, which is a big deal for making it to the superbowl.