CFB: Utah @ Washington

bucsfan333

Washington s passing game has many concepts that the Bucs use.  It s an easy evaluarion that way.  It is just the lack of game experience that is the issue 

He has functional mobility.  He is not uncoordinated like Glennon, but Jameis is more elusive and is probably a better improvisor under the rush.  

Eason s mechanics are nearly flawless so he has the opportunity to be more accurate if he doesn t get spooked by a pass rush in the pros.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 2

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Playaction on fourth and one. TE runs a corner route on the left side. Eason drops a beautiful, soft pass to his TE (that has zero career catches) and he drops it.

TE wasn't his first read. But it was the right read.

That drop was unreal. Great pass and he had some pressure in his face too.

• Like 1

Just now, ravishingone said:

Washington s passing game has many concepts that the Bucs use.  It s an easy evaluarion that way.  It is just the lack of game experience that is the issue 

He has functional mobility.  He is not uncoordinated lack Glennon, but Jameis is more elusive and is probably a better improvisor under the rush.  

Eason s mechanics are nearly flawless so he has the opportunity to be more accurate if he doesn t get spooked by a pass rush in the pros.

Bad decisions when spooked is why I don’t like Herbert. Would like to see Utah get more pressure on Eason to see how he handles it.

Just now, Lil' Shorty said:

Bad decisions when spooked is why I don’t like Herbert. Would like to see Utah get more pressure on Eason to see how he handles it.

The problem in college unless your playing an elite defense, which isn t a deep pool, theowing under duress is going to be a limited sample size.  

Herbert is more mobile, that s why I think he gets drafted ahead of Eason. 

Against one of the best defenses in the country, Eason looked pretty good in the first half. He'll take the lead either 14-10 or 14-13 depending on this FG.

He missed a curl route on his second throw. He missed that deep out, but it could've been a throway. Otherwise his arm strength and accuracy are legit.

He lacks a bit in athleticism. I wouldn't want him scrambling much in the NFL. But he can slide in the pocket a little bit and was able to get out of an unblocked DB blitz to throw it away.

That fumble was bad.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

The problem in college unless your playing an elite defense, which isn t a deep pool, theowing under duress is going to be a limited sample size.  

Herbert is more mobile, that s why I think he gets drafted ahead of Eason. 

Agree on the mobility. Eason is more mobile than the likes of Matt Ryan, Brady, Manning(s), but no where near Rodgers or Wentz. I’d say Goff is a good comparison for mobility.

• Like 2

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Against one of the best defenses in the country, Eason looked pretty good in the first half. He'll take the lead either 14-10 or 14-13 depending on this FG.

He missed a curl route on his second throw. He missed that deep out, but it could've been a throway. Otherwise his arm strength and accuracy are legit.

He lacks a bit in athleticism. I wouldn't want him scrambling much in the NFL. But he can slide in the pocket a little bit and was able to get out of an unblocked DB blitz to throw it away.

That fumble was bad.

I was thinking about this, when was the last time a QB was chosen in the top 10, whose mobility was a question mark.  Allen coming out of Wyoming tested well.  Luck ran a 4.6. I m thinking Jameis is really only the most recent example, which is a good thing for the Bucs if they want to draft him.

Just now, Lil' Shorty said:

Agree on the mobility. Eason is more mobile than the likes of Matt Ryan, Brady, Manning(s), but no where near Rodgers or Wentz. I’d say Goff is a good comparison for mobility.

His acceleration seems slow. Don't know if it's him not wanting to run or if he's just that limited. That toss option run looked like he was in slow motion. Granted he was running into a wall. So again, he just might have been thinking about not dying.

But he slid around in the pocket on that fourth down and was able to run outta the pocket to throw the ball away on that blitz. So he's not a complete statue. 

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I was thinking about this, when was the last time a QB was chosen in the top 10, whose mobility was a question mark.  Allen coming out of Wyoming tested well.  Luck ran a 4.6. I m thinking Jameis is really only the most recent example, which is a good thing for the Bucs if they want to draft him.

Eason is gonna run a five flat. At best. Which, like you said, could be good for us.