TheKillerNacho

Steelers finally release WR Donte Moncrief; claimed by Panthers

https://www.wtae.com/article/steelers-release-wide-receiver-donte-moncrief/29674994

After being signed in the offseason to be the Steelers' number two wide receiver to compliment JuJu Smith-Schuster, Moncrief was removed from the starting lineup after only two weeks that saw him be responsible for some of the worst WR play we've seen this season. He went on to appear in three other games in a limited role, but his Steeler career will now end with just four receptions for 18 yards.

He is now subject to waivers, but I somewhat doubt anyone will put in a claim for him.

Runningback Tony Brooks-James was signed from the practice squad; a sign that Conner will not be ready to go.

Someone on twitter (Steelers writer for the athletic) is suggesting that the Steelers and NFL had done Moncrief dirty somehow.

For some reason some dude in my fantasy league still has him on his team.  This is an 8 team league too

Lol love the title. It’s pretty telling when fantasy players drafted the Steelers #3 and #4 WR over him. It’s almost like fantasy players were smarter than the Steelers here. 

Finally. I don't wven know what they saw in the first place. Nor the Jaguars before them...

13 hours ago, warfelg said:

Someone on twitter (Steelers writer for the athletic) is suggesting that the Steelers and NFL had done Moncrief dirty somehow.

Weird take by that guy

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Weird take by that guy

Extremely weird.  Not like it's AJ Green or someone good.  4 catches on 15 targets for a 26.7% catch rate.  He got his chances.

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

Weird take by that guy

SO I'm confused. Is he bad or not? If it was all him why are there conflicting reports?

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

There aren't many intelligent media people in Pittsburgh. The week before he said the Browns were going to beat the Pats.

Just a bad miscast? Or does he physically look done?

Edited by Nex_Gen

7 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Just a bad miscast? Or does he physically look done?

Always struggled with concentration/drops and injuries. Product of the team he originally played for with some athletic ability still.