Steelers finally release WR Donte Moncrief; claimed by Panthers

TheKillerNacho

52 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Don't remember which game it was, but earlier this year I watched one in which Moncrief had at least 5 drops. Hit him right in the hands with nobody around type drops. Uncontested, unquestionable biffs. He should have been cut right then and there.

I believe that happened week 1 against the Pats on SNF.

I thought Moncrief could be decent for us. How wrong I was...

He looked terrible in preseason, then looked even worse during the season. Couldn't get open, and when the ball was thrown in his Direction, it usually didn't end well.

• Like 1

He's just a hugely frustrating 1-dimensional WR...who is maddeningly inconsistent, even in that singular dimension.  No idea why the Steelers saw how he played for the Jaguars and decided that was going to be a good WR2 for them.  It was understandable when the Jaguars took the flyer on him, thinking he'd add a bit of much needed size and downfield ability to the WR group (though spending the money they did on Lee and Moncrief was INSANE while cutting ARob loose).  But after watching him flame out in Jacksonville...did the Steelers just think it was purely Bortles fault and they could turn him into something he's never really been?