Week 9 GDT

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, klyon7634 said:

How did the Bears not at least trade for a QB at the deadline to give themselves an option? 

The Bengals were the only realistic option for an immediate improvement tbh. I don't know who else they could have targeted? Mariota? Maybe that's better if the Titans convert the base to SB, but he still has to learn the offense. The other choice would have been maybe calling the 49ers about Nick Mullens, but the 49ers have been holding tight about really good returns for their backups, for some reason. I just don't know what they could have realistically done at the deadline to get an improvement this year. I think that this was always going to be an off season problem. 

I probably still would have taken a chance on someone, but I just don't really now how feasible it was. 

Just now, oldman9er said:

like they're saying, it should never take this long to determine this play.. or any play. 

They normally make the decision very quickly. The further time is typically for clock, spot on the field, ball placement, etc.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The Bengals were the only realistic option for an immediate improvement tbh. I don't know who else they could have targeted? Mariota? Maybe that's better if the Titans convert the base to SB, but he still has to learn the offense. The other choice would have been maybe calling the 49ers about Nick Mullens, but the 49ers have been holding tight about really good returns for their backups, for some reason. I just don't know what they could have realistically done at the deadline to get an improvement this year. I think that this was always going to be an off season problem. 

I probably still would have taken a chance on someone, but I just don't really now how feasible it was. 

Yeah, with the amount of injuries (minor or season ending) to starting QB's this season, backup QB's were actually needed by their teams.  Also, Chicago doesn't exactly have a ton of assets (including cap space) to work with right now.  They already don't have their 2020 1st, and you're not getting a QB worth a damn for less than a 2nd or 3rd round pick at the trade deadline unless they're on a massive contract their team is trying to unload (which the Bears couldn't afford to absorb).