Willie Taggart Fired by FSU

ramssuperbowl99

On 11/4/2019 at 7:50 PM, TENINCH said:

Bob Stoops or Brent Venables.

Venables or Mike Norvell would be the two guys to hire if they want to install winning culture.  However, after paying all of that buyout money to Taggart, I really think they are going to want a slam dunk hire.  Norvell won't be that guy.  Venables is, but I can easily buy how happy he is at Clemson and truly views that DC position as better than most head coaching positions.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Venables or Mike Norvell would be the two guys to hire if they want to install winning culture.  However, after paying all of that buyout money to Taggart, I really think they are going to want a slam dunk hire.  Norvell won't be that guy.  Venables is, but I can easily buy how happy he is at Clemson and truly views that DC position as better than most head coaching positions.  

Don't think Venables will be a good HC.  Think Tony Elliott will be the best HC of any Clemson assistant.

11 hours ago, PAW said:

Don't think Venables will be a good HC.  Think Tony Elliott will be the best HC of any Clemson assistant.

Interesting. Tony Elliott is definitely more intriguing to me than Jeff Scott even though Scott has an FSU background. But Elliott appears to be a brilliant football mind who has a clear strategy what to do.

14 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Florida is beautiful!!

Yeah but FSU is like the stepchild to Florida. I've known people who grew up in Florida, and every single one of them have said that all the HS students try to get into UF, with FSU as basically the backup, "didnt get into Florida"-school. Why would you choose to go be the ***** school of the state? Lol.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah but FSU is like the stepchild to Florida. I've known people who grew up in Florida, and every single one of them have said that all the HS students try to get into UF, with FSU as basically the backup, "didnt get into Florida"-school. Why would you choose to go be the ***** school of the state? Lol.

Gainesville is a ****hole. Kids probably just stay in their room the entire 4 years except when it's time to go to their 2nd rate football stadium and cheer on the team wearing the gross color combination.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

FSU just got ranked #17 of top public universities in America, for what it's worth. Some of FSU's schools within the university are considered on par or more desirable than UF's. The main difference between the 2 is that UF had a medical school for a long time, while FSU's got established last decade. 

UF is known for its snobbery and dooshbaggery. And the campus is about 4x as big as FSU's for no particular reason. 

34 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Gainesville is a ****hole. Kids probably just stay in their room the entire 4 years except when it's time to go to their 2nd rate football stadium and cheer on the team wearing the gross color combination.

How dare you insult a place sporting such spectacular sights as Americas largest trailer park!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Norvell is more proven than venables is though. 

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/Buyout-contract-Florida-State-Seminoles-Football-coach-candidates-138118165/

Some buyout numbers of potentials.

1 million for James Franklin is more surprising than Flecks staying at 4 till end of the year.

Would love to see Franklin bolt from the cold dreary cupcake factory to the nice warm cupcake confines of the Florida Gulf Coast.

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

i mean....tallahassee's not better lol

• Like 1