Unpopular culinary opinions

y*so*blu

On 05/12/2019 at 1:33 PM, skywindO2 said:

And I normally don't pay much attention to the ethics of how my food is produced but foie gras crosses the line for me. 

I refuse to eat foie gras for ethical reasons. I'm not eating anything that gives money to the French. 

I do like the taste, and ironically am pretty much force fed the stuff at some family events, but they don't harvest any of my organs for food.

Edited by Mega Ron
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm already not a big fan of livers in general.  I'll eat them, but usually only as a dip or fried on a sandwich.  The whole torture thing makes it even more unpalatable.

Also, I don't eat shrimp from Thailand, since they're harvested with slave labor.  That's all the cheap shrimp, btw.  Fun stuff.

6 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Y'all got sweet tea over there?  I mean, is that your default tea?  You ask for tea here, you're getting sweet unless otherwise noted.

Most places ask sweet or unsweet, and I opt for the unsweet stuff... I'll add some of the pink stuff and sweeten it myself.

On 11/7/2019 at 6:57 AM, ET80 said:

Just gonna put some things to bed. I am the expert on food because I'm fat, and it's not one of those pituarity gland sort of fat... I am fat because I eat too much food...

2. Pineapple on pizza is an acquired taste, but you're going all in on that nonsense - ham, pineapple, done. You're not getting pepperoni, sausage, jalepenos AND pineapple. You're not getting steak, bacon jalepenos AND pineapple. So, you're making a commitment on that pizza whether or not you're aware of it. Be aware of that choice.

That’s a helluva quality start to the post. 

as someone who worked at a pizza place throughout college, I’ll tell you that a combo of pepperoni, meatball(whether ground up or not), and pineapple is divine, and you’re missing out by not trying it. 

1 hour ago, TLO said:

That’s a helluva quality start to the post. 

as someone who worked at a pizza place throughout college, I’ll tell you that a combo of pepperoni, meatball(whether ground up or not), and pineapple is divine, and you’re missing out by not trying it. 

Salty, savory, sweet and sour. Perfect combo

• Like 1