Unpopular culinary opinions

y*so*blu

8 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Life aint easy. When born of such greatness. And then stuck for eternity with a bunch of.... *head sags*... Americans.

Your life with us 'Mericans might be the only redeeming quality about you...

45 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Lobsters are the cockroaches of the sea.

Delicious cockroaches.

27 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Life aint easy. When born of such greatness. And then stuck for eternity with a bunch of.... *head sags*... Americans.

6 minutes ago, animaltested said:

So, considering 'Muricans drown everything in Ranch, Hot Sauce, Ketchup, Queso, and BBQ Sauce, should we acknowledge American food might be bland or Americans have child like tastes?

Just putting it out there that my wife's whole Trini family drowns everything in Ranch, so, ya know.  That one's not on us Mericans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Just putting it out there that my wife's whole Trini family drowns everything in Ranch, so, ya know.  That one's not on us Mericans.

Its something Ive despised since young that way.

Kinda like when you drown yourself on screwdrivers one night. Then in the morning someone pours you a glass of orange juice. That same feeling triggers in me anytime I see anything ranch.

On 11/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, animaltested said:

I think Americans (and the Brits) have a unhealthy obsession with breakfast that's literally killing the country, and breakfast as a meal is a relic of the past that needs to return to the past. Traditional English-American breakfast is built to be farmer fuel, which none of us are. Most of us literally sit on our rear-ends all day staring at a screen. Modern humans do not need the 1800-2400 calories associated with breakfast. On top of it, the other half of breakfast "food" is desert masquerading as a meal. Ceral, donuts, pastries, Oatmeal etc is literally cake by another name. It also doesn't help most peoples "Coffee" is sugary milk.

In short, breakfast should be a special occasion meal, DEFINATELY not an "I need this to exist" meal. 

100%. It’s wild to me people can carb out and drink liquid sugar and not feel like complete **** the rest of the day. Like one day a week I’ll be a stupid idiot and eat a bowl of cereal right after waking and then I feel slow as **** all day 

54 minutes ago, animaltested said:

So, considering 'Muricans drown everything in Ranch, Hot Sauce, Ketchup, Queso, and BBQ Sauce, should we acknowledge American food might be bland or Americans have child like tastes?

We don't drown EVERYTHING in ranch or BBQ sauce. Queso, maybe. I'm personally averse to ketchup. Spicy mustard and honey mustard are acceptable on certain forms of chicken or hot dogs.

Personal rule of thumb - if it's fried, or you can purchase it at a carnival or fare, you can douse it in [insert condiment here]. I'm not letting a drop of ranch touch my Perry's Pork Chop, but I'm good with adding hot mustard to a brat with sauerkraut. 

Fair? 

17 hours ago, daboyle250 said:

4. That's "pasteurized process cheese product", not cheese.

I mean, this is true of "American Cheese".  But it's still pretty darn good on a burger.

Most of the time someone gets all "adventurous" and "outside the box" with cheese on a burger, it just ends up being kinda weird imo.  Either "American Cheese", or just a nice sharp cheddar.  Anything else is probably trying too hard and kinda weird.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, this is true of "American Cheese".  But it's still pretty darn good on a burger.

Most of the time someone gets all "adventurous" and "outside the box" with cheese on a burger, it just ends up being kinda weird imo.  Either "American Cheese", or just a nice sharp cheddar.  Anything else is probably trying too hard and kinda weird.

There are cheese that go extremely well on burgers like Munster, Gouda, Guyere, Swiss, Bleu cheese, but the strength in the cheese usually lays in the toppings. The basic burger toppings (mustard, grilled onions, tomato etc) lend themselves well to American and Cheddar. American cheese shines on smash burgers, which IMO are the superior way to cook them. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

I think Americans (and the Brits) have a unhealthy obsession with breakfast that's literally killing the country, and breakfast as a meal is a relic of the past that needs to return to the past. Traditional English-American breakfast is built to be farmer fuel, which none of us are. Most of us literally sit on our rear-ends all day staring at a screen. Modern humans do not need the 1800-2400 calories associated with breakfast. On top of it, the other half of breakfast "food" is desert masquerading as a meal. Ceral, donuts, pastries, Oatmeal etc is literally cake by another name. It also doesn't help most peoples "Coffee" is sugary milk.

In short, breakfast should be a special occasion meal, DEFINATELY not an "I need this to exist" meal. 

I agree with you and also disagree. I don't need breakfast. Never eat it, never want it (breakfast for lunch or dinner is a different story). Need my coffee.

That said, my wife NEEDS breakfast. She's an angry, hateful person without it (kidding - sort of). And she eats like 3 different "breakfasts" throughout the morning - cereal, fruits, a bagel, etc. She is a dentist, and works hard and it's her fuel to start.

Absolutely,

If I eat breakfast it's bacon, eggs+heavy cream, and an avocado with a superfood powder to start. None of the sugary carb-y crap. Then a lunch but no dinner.

But I usually just eat from noon-8pm nowadays.

I love a hardy breakfast. But Im not sitting behind a desk doing womens work.

Scrapple, Breakfast Casseroles, Sausage & Egg Pies, Brunch Bakes. Things like that, can make in bulk real quick and it will last a couple days. Plus my woman loves cookin and all kids need a good breakfast before school.