The good, the bad, the HOME WIN vs. Detroit (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Dallas Goedert immediately comes to mind. Tyler Higbee is another one.

Just now, big_palooka said:

Goedert is a good player

I'm so happy for Foster. He was not used much at LSU. More of a blocker. Always looked at as a guy who'd be a better pro than college player. Living up to that. He complements Wallers skill set perfectly. 

Goedert is the first player that came to mind too. I really think Moreau will be a top end TE. Was never utilized in the LSU passing game. Jumped of the screen when I watched him in the combine. 

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Jacobs 2 TDs in the first half. Carr played well. Couple nice deep throws today. 2nd half, defense stepped up and forced a punt twice. Gruden went conservative, 3 and out both times. Lion eventually score picking on who else Whitehead to tie it. 

Gruden goes to Richard 4 or 5 times straight to get into 3rd and goal. Carr escapes, buys times finds 3rd and Refro who taps the toes for a deciding TD.

Lions 2 mins, drive to the 1 with no time outs. 8 seconds to go... Raider gift them a time out. 4th and goal Ferrell pressures, Stafford goes to Thomas and KJ breaks it up for the win.

Exciting game. Team win all around. 

Nice! I just watched all the highlights. Carr cut it loose. This is the kind of game I've been wanting to see from him. I knew it was in there. Obviously they were highlights that I saw, but some of those throws were straight dimes. Great game, a real building block. He gets in his head when he tries to do too much. So my hope has been his confidence will grow as he and Gruden get more comfortable and he gains rapport with his teammates. I trust him in a game when we need 7 or less to win, but more than that, I don't. I think having games like these are an esteem booster and will help him lock in during tough times since he knows he's capable of getting it done. Like it or not, he has a lot of comeback Ws. Just need him to stay cool and let it rip.

36 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Gruden Grinder of a win.

Worley had a HUGE pick to turn things around.

Hall and Key grinded out sacks.

TEs were tremendous as was Jacobs.

Richard woke up.

That was superb. Great play. Having the defense doing something must have been an energy boost. Like when Caruso comes off the bench and posters someone.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

A Receiver is a need but man... we just need a good pass rusher and a corner and this team is taking KC deep. Really excited about the off season. 

Heck, we even got a shot to get 9 wins now but I think we ultimately end up .500 or 7-9. 

LAC x2, CIN, @NYJ, @KC, TEN, JAX, @DEN

i don’t want to be a blind fan, just high off the win but I feel like our floor is 4 wins with that schedule! 12-4 here we come!!!

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Jacobs is on pace for 1,400 yard season. That’s insane to think that the Raiders have a RB who can get that. 

Right now he's on pace for around 300 carries and also is nicked up. I hope his body can handle it. I know we are working out RBs but I worry for him. His body isn't used to this wear and tear. Granted that does mean he has fresh legs. But still. Need more from DWash and Richard overall

3 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

LAC x2, CIN, @NYJ, @KC, TEN, JAX, @DEN

i don’t want to be a blind fan, just high off the win but I feel like our floor is 4 wins with that schedule! 12-4 here we come!!!

I actually see a split with both LAC and DEN. Sweeping a team isn’t easy and Denvers Defense has emerged as a Top 5-6 unit again. Probably lose @KC. We will split vs Titans and Jags imo. Upsets happen. 

1 minute ago, NJ Raider said:

I think that is why the Smurfs are getting the passing down looks. He needs a break at some point, and the other two can't mash between the tackles like he can. Not saying I agree with it, but it could be why.

It makes some sense but it's always a run to Jacobs on 1st and 2nd down, then one of the smurfs and it's usually a pass to them. It's not like we are even splitting Jacobs out wide or having him run routes out of the back field on 1st down. They just completely avoid it.

Just now, BayRaider said:

I actually see a split with both LAC and DEN. Sweeping a team isn’t easy and Denvers Defense has emerged as a Top 5-6 unit again. Probably lose @KC. We will split vs Titans and Jags imo. Upsets happen. 

Agree, I see 3 to 5 wins in there. But that puts us around where I expected going into the year which was 7 or 8 wins. The thing is.....we had AB when I projected that. I don't like the spankings we took early on but Houston was close last week at least. Decent progress.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

It makes some sense but it's always a run to Jacobs on 1st and 2nd down, then one of the smurfs and it's usually a pass to them. It's not like we are even splitting Jacobs out wide or having him run routes out of the back field on 1st down. They just completely avoid it.

Agreed. There was all that talk of him being split out in the preseason too. The playbook is opening up gradually. We should get there soon