SNF: Patriots at Ravens GDT

AFlaccoSeagulls

Not going for it was the right call.

They we’re down 17 nothing, 13 un answered points puts all the pressure back on the other team, even though they’re in the lead. If they’d gone for it and missed it, Baltimore get to recover some momentum going into half time.

Plus they get the ball after the break.

• Like 1

Just now, Small Town Values said:

Agreed. But he didn't launch at the head, he hit around chest height & the momentum cause it to glance up. It's the type of play I'd like to see let go, but they called it & I'm fine with it. 

It doesn’t really matter where he was aiming to hit, all that it matters where he hits.

If the momentum causes it to glance up into the head, that’s a penalty.

If aiming for the chest is causing him to hit the head because of his upward trajectory (launching) he needs to start aiming for the midsection/waist

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would go for it. What do you have to lose? You have all the momentum, Baltimore was clearly playing on emotions to start the game but now they're getting pretty badly beat in all phases.

same. surprised that they didnt.

would have probably gotten it too

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Not going for it was the right call.

They we’re down 17 nothing, 13 un answered points puts all the pressure back on the other team, even though they’re in the lead. If they’d gone for it and missed it, Baltimore get to recover some momentum going into half time.

Plus they get the ball after the break.

Spot on