Your 2019 MVP: Russell Wilson

BayRaider

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I, a Ravens fan, have been beating the "Russell Wilson is the MVP" drum since like freaking week 4 of the NFL season.

Russ has been the clear front runner UNTIL Lamar beat him in Seattle. Then Lamar destroyed New England, then Cinci and now Houston. He also has the benefit right now of Wilson not playing this week, so he gets to dominate the MVP discussion for another week while Russ is on a bye, CMC's team just got obliterated by a terrible Falcons team and Lamar just completely out-dueled Deshaun Watson.

So right now I would put Lamar at #1, but that's factoring in recency bias of Russ not playing this week. I think it'll be a back-and-forth battle until one of the QB's blinks and has a bad week and loses. No matter what happens, we're watching two truly special QB's play at their best this year and it's fun to watch.

I can get with this. 

Both Russel Wilson and Lamar (as well as Dak Prescott, CMC etc. could be considered) play at an MVP level atm.

Now, the reason why there are more who speaks Lamar Jacksons case/candidature, is because so many are constantly knocking him in an attempt to try and take a lot of stuff away from his performance.

I have not seen that with Russel Wilson.

The latest shot at Lamar was how good his supporting cast was – like, a rookie and still injured Marquise Brown, 3 tight ends and Mark Ingram is such a good supporting cast that it excels above anything Wilson has.

Somehow Wilson is elevated in such a way, that he makes players good/great, while other players around Lamar is what makes him great – not the other way around.

Those narratives are the reason that Ravens fans/LJ supporters have to put up such a “fight”.

• Like 4

Given the long history and current streak of League MVP's "Not winning the SB" in the same season. Fans of these players should really be hoping the other wins it.

Just saying!🍺

Thirteen awardees also won the Super Bowl (or NFL Championship Game prior to 1966) in the same season. However, this has not occurred since 1999, when MVP Kurt Warner won Super Bowl XXXIV with the St. Louis Rams. Since then, nine AP NFL MVPs have led their team to the Super Bowl and were defeated each time.

15 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Watching this Patriots game and that defense continue to look elite against the Eagles... not sure how Lamar isn’t the MVP  front runner at this point.

This defense is eating and he made them look quite human.

The Patriots run defense was absolutely trash and it got exposed initially by Chubb. Sure he had forced fumbles, but he was tearing through for yardage nonetheless.

The Ravens capitalized on it, and threw in 2 TE plays that Lamar loves to throw on. Fast forward to last nights game and I was in a bitter mood watching -- yet again -- a team run the ball and throw to a TE to march slowly but surely, all the way down the field...

Thank god for great coaching and their ability to shift the team around as needed...

I digress...

With that said, it's looking like a New England vs Batlimore AFCC game and I am terrified. I hope Bill has something up his sleeve to put a stop to Jackson, because he is definitely looking like the MVP at this point. Maybe that's unfair to say since Wilson was on a BYE.

1 hour ago, lolsurebro said:

The Patriots run defense was absolutely trash and it got exposed initially by Chubb. Sure he had forced fumbles, but he was tearing through for yardage nonetheless.

The Ravens capitalized on it, and threw in 2 TE plays that Lamar loves to throw on. Fast forward to last nights game and I was in a bitter mood watching -- yet again -- a team run the ball and throw to a TE to march slowly but surely, all the way down the field...

Thank god for great coaching and their ability to shift the team around as needed...

I digress...

With that said, it's looking like a New England vs Batlimore AFCC game and I am terrified. I hope Bill has something up his sleeve to put a stop to Jackson, because he is definitely looking like the MVP at this point. Maybe that's unfair to say since Wilson was on a BYE.

True. The run defense isn’t elite, but you’ve got an elite secondary. And the BB defense may have bent but they didn’t break. Yet again they only gave up 10 total points. Whereas the Ravens were able to put up 30 points (with one defensive score). And it’s not as if the Philly defense also wasn’t balling out all game long.

But yeah... that’s definitely looking like how everything is shaping up. Though the Chiefs can’t be discounted. I think it’s a 3 horse race. I think they’re going to figure out that defense and get hot down the stretch. So whichever team plays them I think will have the more difficult path. They’ll probably get the 3 seed so unless another team can beat NE and we can win out, it’ll probably be Chiefs after the bye and then the Patriots in the AFCCG if we can somehow beat the Chiefs. But they seem to be a less than ideal matchup for the Ravens. They’ve had our number to this point... though so was Denver in 2012 and we somehow found a way to overcome.

Edited by diamondbull424

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Given the long history and current streak of League MVP's "Not winning the SB" in the same season. Fans of these players should really be hoping the other wins it.

Just saying!🍺

I’m greedy. Por que no los dos?

And I’d rather the team also take the glory of Lamar being the first to do it since Warner. That’s how legacies are born.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m greedy. Por que no los dos?

And I’d rather the team also take the glory of Lamar being the first to do it since Warner. That’s how legacies are born.

Yeah I get that but I'd play the odds first because no real legacy is born without those SB Rings. Just a long list a very good QB, who never did! He's got years assuming major injury doesn't derail his career for League MVP'S .

Greedy Gretchen!😎

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah I get that but I'd play the odds first because no real legacy is born without those SB Rings. Just a long list a very good QB, who never did! He's got years assuming major injury doesn't derail his career for League MVP'S .

Greedy Gretchen!😎

I’ll take the MVP. I think the Ravens organization is just too good to not figure out a way to put together more great teams to surround Lamar with and to continue to stay ahead of the curve as a coaching staff, for SB opportunities to not com down the line.

But in a passing league, what are the chances that Lamar and this dominant rushing attack offense will a) receive such clout over the passing juggernauts and b) have such historic production. Plus we have SBs to hold us over. Our franchise has never had an MVP winner before. While it might not seem like a team award, I think it speaks to the team and how they were able to galvanize under a players ability and campaign for a player that has meant a lot to their unit.

But like I said, I’m not the type to play the odds. I’ll take the MVP and the SB both. I want the Cowboys in the SB too, after the Ravens beat the Patriots. What better way to take America by storm than to beat the Patriots and America’s Team. Would be great.

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

But like I said, I’m not the type to play the odds. I’ll take the MVP and the SB both. I want the Cowboys in the SB too, after the Ravens beat the Patriots. What better way to take America by storm than to beat the Patriots and America’s Team. Would be great.

This Utopia you live in, they allow visitors? Of course you want it All, might as well add SB MVP as well to complete the Trifecta. 

However can you please play any other opponent in the SB so that if / when the Ravens continue this current trend, you're not making Dallas America's Team again after 25 years? Thanks!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

This Utopia you live in, they allow visitors? Of course you want it All, might as well add SB MVP as well to complete the Trifecta. 

However can you please play any other opponent in the SB so that if / when the Ravens continue this current trend, you're not making Dallas America's Team again after 25 years? Thanks!

Well in my Utopia I already have that covered. After they’re embarrassed in the Super Bowl by losing 41-14... The Ravens become America’s team. And then The Purge happens so that no other team ever wins another Superb Owl evermore...

😂 But back to reality. I want that SBMVP trifecta as well.😂

But hey, visitors are allowed here right now but only until fantasy football seasons are over. 🤓

If Lamar shines in these next three games he can take it for sure. If not though I think it's going to be Wilson's.

Wilson has won several comeback/close games and the roster isn't as good. Lamar can only be slowed down, showed against PIT, CLE, and KC that you pressure him consistently and he starts missing throws, sometimes important ones. If he connects on those these next 3 games he'll take it. As is though you can always count on Wilson to make those throws and win the game if given a chance.