Wildcard Watch

Shady Slim

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

And they'll lose because the Browns ain't ever winning a SB

We'll see. If the Steelers can get consistent pressure on Mayfield, they'll have a shot. I worry about Chubb running all over them, as well as wide open OBJ and Landry for easy completions despite any pressure.

41 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

We'll see. If the Steelers can get consistent pressure on Mayfield, they'll have a shot. I worry about Chubb running all over them, as well as wide open OBJ and Landry for easy completions despite any pressure.

I'd be a lot more worried if we were better. It's hard to play down to opponents when you're not really above them to start. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, Dcash4 said:

Re-posting my past thoughts because its relevant. 

So beating the Colts in my scenario above is part of the "Split the remaining top 4". Rams, Bills, Ravens left to go 1-2 against. Do-able. 

Already beat the Dolphins, so still gotta go 3-0 against the Jets, Cardinals, and Bengals. Do-able. 

Split the Browns. Do-able. 

Ravens are also going to beat the Bengals next week. That puts them at 7-2. A three game stretch against the Texans, Rams, and 49ers followed by Bills, Jets, Browns, and us. If they win 1 of the games in that rough 3 game stretch, there could be a real scenario when they dont need to play anyone against us in week 17. 

Could be a real fun stretch run here. 

Just reviving this thread, because it’s super relevant now. 

Just from my last schedule analysis: 

- Already split the top 4 games (Colts, Rams). Bills and Ravens still to go. 

- Split the Browns

- 1 of 3 on sweep the lower teams, Cards and Jets coming.  

We should all be the biggest chiefs fans next week and cheer for nothing but Ravens wins until week 17. If that happens, there’s a real 10 win chance for us there - and that’s just amazing considering how this year started.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Just reviving this thread, because it’s super relevant now. 

Just from my last schedule analysis: 

- Already split the top 4 games (Colts, Rams). Bills and Ravens still to go. 

- Split the Browns

- 1 of 3 on sweep the lower teams, Cards and Jets coming.  

We should all be the biggest chiefs fans next week and cheer for nothing but Ravens wins until week 17. If that happens, there’s a real 10 win chance for us there - and that’s just amazing considering how this year started.

Traveling out west can be rough for us.   We should beat the Cards, but a loss wouldnt shock me.

Bills is a toss up.   Pretty evenly matched.

If we lose to the Jets....FML.

I completely agree about the Ravens.      Good chance they have nothing to play for by week 17.

I dont see us doing much in the playoffs if we sneak in....but it would be an amazing feat JUST to make it after everything thats happened.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Traveling out west can be rough for us.   We should beat the Cards, but a loss wouldnt shock me.

Bills is a toss up.   Pretty evenly matched.

If we lose to the Jets....FML.

I completely agree about the Ravens.      Good chance they have nothing to play for by week 17.

I dont see us doing much in the playoffs if we sneak in....but it would be an amazing feat JUST to make it after everything thats happened.  

what IF Connor and JJSS are healthy and fichner actually starts to call good games? I know the last part is far fetched, but thought I would ask anyways. 

Baltimore is the #1 seed right now, I doubt they want to give that up. I see a game in week 17 that will have all the makings for a serious old school type atmosphere.  If the Chiefs defeat the pats, then the Ravens might not suit up stars week 17.  However, in week 19 they will and maybe it could be a rematch? Texans are playing good, most of  the teams are hitting their stride and the playoffs should be good this year.  If a team (49ers) can go from the #1 seed to the #5 seed in 36 hours, it's a close race this year anyways

Edited by 3rivers

Dug into the playoff scenarios -- Looks like the 2-4 seed in the AFC is going to be interesting. I could see the Pats, Chiefs, and Texans ending at 12-4, but I think more likely its Pats 13-3, Houston 12-4, Chiefs 12-4. 

Then the 5th and 6th is also interesting. The Bills have a rough stretch here (Ravens, @ Steelers, @ Patriots). IF they go 0-3 there, and we can end 10-6, that puts us in the 5th seed. 

That would mean Steelers at Chiefs....which, I dont feel great about. I dont feel great about any playoff match up, but I would feel much better about a Steelers at Houston match up. 

30 minutes ago, August4th said:

here we are talking about playoffs after being 1-4 and losing ben for yr

Amazing, right? Im pretty sure you mentioned it in another thread too, as does 43 above, but I dont really have much expectation of winning a playoff game.....but the ride will be incredible if we can get there. 

I also listen to a TON of NFL podcasts.....gonna be a fun time listening to them backpedal or change their tunes on the Steelers. (I 100% understand why they would push us to the side early as an afterthought, but its always fun hearing your team get elevated). 

If Tomlin can get 8 wins out of this team before the end of the season, he should be coach of the year.  I fully expected 6-10 or 7-9 after Ben went down.

I will say that they have won a game that was an expected loss with the Rams.  They could still lose a game that they are expected to win.  I think because they need to rely on a 3rd string QB, the team will be focused.

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Amazing, right? Im pretty sure you mentioned it in another thread too, as does 43 above, but I dont really have much expectation of winning a playoff game.....but the ride will be incredible if we can get there. 

I also listen to a TON of NFL podcasts.....gonna be a fun time listening to them backpedal or change their tunes on the Steelers. (I 100% understand why they would push us to the side early as an afterthought, but its always fun hearing your team get elevated). 

after that bad start I was planning on looking at this season as a building block for 2020 and so far this is one impressive block all things consider. The rookie class has look solid, guys like Boswell, Washington, sutton, Bud etc..have step up and of course the defense has been elite. if they somehow keep Bud and Ben is playing like a top 15 QB next yr, we might be watching a superbowl caliber team in 2020

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1