Redskins want to extend Ryan Kerrigan

turtle28

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

This draft class has a load of talent at the OT position. If Trent is gone, then bring back Penn and draft a 3rd round OT. 

If Trent’s gone we should (hopefully) have a second round pick so we should be able to pick one then. Chase Young and maybe a trade up for Wirfs? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 7:56 PM, offbyone said:

I think the reason is you get a good deal before free agency.  His stock is not super high right now, this is his worst season in a number of years.

I hear what you are saying about players learning to cover.  I think you are right, Sweat has this capability.  But Chase Young is likely going to enter the draft at 275lbs or something like that.  I don't think he is gonna be able to run with a tight end no matter how athletic he is.  

He’s 6’5, 265, I’d bet any money that he loses 10 pounds before the NFL combine like most edge pass rushers do so they run faster 40 times, look good in drills and can do LB drills so that 3-4 teams will be interested in drafting him too.

Edited by turtle28

On 11/8/2019 at 7:03 AM, lavar703 said:

We’ve had two top 5 picks. One was spent on Robert 7 years ago and the other was spent on Scherff who up until this season was one of the best guards in football. Although PFF still rates him very highly I tend to disagree. Considering what they passed on to take Scherff there’s simply no way that could be considered the wrong pick at this point. Williams, Beasley and Ray are all pretty bad and people would’ve freaked out had they took Gurley. Looking back, Scherff was the right pick. 

Trent Williams and Sean Taylor were pretty damn good top 5 picks too, I have no idea what the hell Mknight is talking about.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:56 PM, offbyone said:

By the way, we have a heck of a lot cap space, so I really don't get the argument to let him walk.  It sure isn't cap space.  

We can use that $ more wisely than to re-sign an aging OLB who’s clearly showing his age this year and has never been great vs the run or an explosive pass rusher.

I say draft Chase young, flip Sweat to the left side where he’ll be more effective going against RTs. Use the cap space to re-sign or franchise Scherff - if he plays more consistent over the last 6 games - and a corner like Chris Harris, an ILB like Cory Littleton, LT like Kelvin Beecham - or re-sign Penn as a stop gap, TE like Eric Ebron and WR like Amari Cooper.

Edited by turtle28

On 11/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, lavar703 said:

If Trent’s gone we should (hopefully) have a second round pick so we should be able to pick one then. Chase Young and maybe a trade up for Wirfs? 

I guess great minds think alike because this is exactly were my thoughts. 😎

I think Wirfs is the best RT in college football! 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I guess great minds think alike because this is exactly were my thoughts. 😎

I think Wirfs is the best RT in college football! 

But can he play LT to the same ability? and there is no way i see us being able to trade up to get him unless the pick is our first of next year. Wirfs is likely going top 12

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

But can he play LT to the same ability? and there is no way i see us being able to trade up to get him unless the pick is our first of next year. Wirfs is likely going top 12

It’s odd that an OT who’s as good as him isn’t playing LT in college. IMO, that’s not a good sign for him being drafted in the top half of the first round and maybe not in round 1 at all.

He’s going to have to show the ability to switch to the left side at the senior bowl, at the combine, at his pro day and in personal work outs before the draft if he wants to go top half of round 1.