Week #10 GDT Steelers vs. Rams

Steeler Hitman

2019-steelers-vs-rams.jpg

When: Sunday, November 10, 2019                                        Where: Heinz Field   

Time: 4:25 pm

EdmundsTitansINT-1500x900.jpg

Just waiting for the light switch to flick on with this kid. Edmunds will  be the next to follow in Bud's production footsteps.

Defense: It wins championships! Can it get the Steelers to the play-offs without Big Ben?

Steelers defense is going Bud-zerk! - - Bud playing like the #1 draft choice the Steelers had hoped for when selecting him.  His 2019 mid- season numbers are almost as good as his 2018 season numbers.

usa_today_9805615.0.jpg

1. Stop the Rams rushing attack.  Steelers have been well tested with rushing offenses like the Patriots, Seahawks, 49'ers, Ravens and Colts. The Rams OL are coming.  "Regulators, mount up!"

2. Pressure the QB. - - No secret here. The Steelers have 30 or 31 sacks this season with most of the pressure coming from the front four.  The loss of Tuitt hurts in both the run stopping game and inside pass rush.  Show Jared what the Blitzburgh defense is all about.

3. Rams receivers will probably be the stiffest test of the season thus far.  The Rams have a plethora of offensive weapons that can kill you in the passing attack.  Their group of WR's are among the leagues best groups, the TE is very solid and Gurley brings back memories of Lev Bell. The Colts offense gave the Steelers defense some problems, this group can present even more problems.

4. Play disciplined. This may be a game of attrition.  Be smart, think and play hard every play. You will lose some, but make the wins count.

5. Hold them to FG's and not TD's.  There's a big difference in 9 points and 21 points.

Offense:

carry_julius1.jpg

In the immortal words of Sho Nuff, "Play time is over boy!"

1. Open the passing game up. Dink and dunk and passes to the RB's won't always work. The Colts have athletic, good tackling LB'ers. The Steelers have been able to exploit the one on one match-ups against LB'ers and even some DB's. Gotta start getting to the ball to the TE and trusting Johnson, Washington and most importantly Ju Ju.

2. Trickery may help here. I am not suggesting going hog wild, but Samuels and the Wildcat may be able to get some run.  The Steelers and Rams don't play regularly, so do some things to help open the offense up. 

3. Complementary football is a must. The Rams are too good a team to rely on the defense scoring and stopping them enough to win. The offense has to do their part and maybe even help the defense. While I don't expect easy sledding in the running game, I do expect the offense to try to keep the Rams defense off balance and create opportunities that way. An early/opening drive TD for the first time of the season would help. The offense getting a few first downs last weekend helped.  Continue the trend and get better.

4. No stupid pre-snap penalties or unfavorable down in distances.  Gotta stay ahead to keep the Rams defense off balance. This helps the rushing attack and Mason.  Second and three or four is far more favorable than First and fifteen or second and ten. 

usa_today_11776887.0.jpg

5. The Don Factor. - - Aaron Donald is a once in a lifetime type of DL in the mold of great HOF'ers DT's like John Randle, Randy White, Bob Lily, Mean Joe Green, etc. However, you don't have to be eaten up by him. The teams that have "limited" his success have done so usually by running at him and with help in the pass game. The wide slow developing sweeps and traps we like...."Proly (not probably) won't work this week."  Run between the tackles. You want to get the ball outside, do it in the quick passing attack. You don't want to see A.D. flexing like this all afternoon.

dikembe-mutombo-finger-wag.png

Prediction: Rams over Steelers 33 - 24.  I never like to go against my team, but realistically.....  As a fan you never want to think the other team will beat you, but the Rams are a more complete and abetter team on paper. Plus we are playing with a back-up QB who has not even played in ten NFL regular season games. Our offense has struggled and the passing game is inconsistent. I don't think throwing to the backs 10 -12 times will win for us. Our defense is good enough to hang, but will need help from the offense so they don't get worn down. I don't have confidence in the offense and the vertical passing game which will be needed to win.  Please prove me wrong Mason and offensive company. I am ready to eat Steel crow.

eat+crow.jpg

Ladies!!!!     

strong+muscular+calves+(5).jpg

dd1847acff8099c854e67dbe7a2ca177--ebony-                                                                                      

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Working on Gameday Thread

If foster is out, I am really interested to see how Finney plays vs Donald.  

Lets win out and get the #1 seed or #2 seedB|, well lets win 1 game at a time and yet also look at the remainder of the schedule :D

I liked the way RB Edmunds played, maybe let Connor heal more? The OL will have a test this week.

Dupree vs Whit, this will be a test for Bud who appears to getting better by the week. 

After the plays Ola made last week, I hope they inactive chickillo and give Ola those snaps on defence. Let Ola be the only other OLB to get snaps when Dupree or Watt need a rest.

11 hours ago, 3rivers said:

If foster is out, I am really interested to see how Finney plays vs Donald.  

Lets win out and get the #1 seed or #2 seedB|, well lets win 1 game at a time and yet also look at the remainder of the schedule :D

I liked the way RB Edmunds played, maybe let Connor heal more? The OL will have a test this week.

Dupree vs Whit, this will be a test for Bud who appears to getting better by the week. 

After the plays Ola made last week, I hope they inactive chickillo and give Ola those snaps on defence. Let Ola be the only other OLB to get snaps when Dupree or Watt need a rest.

Finney will get blown up without help

Ola looks so much better than chick on defense.  He must have an issue in coverage