Week #10 GDT Steelers vs. Rams

Steeler Hitman

I cannot say I have a good feeling about this game.. WR depth is a serious problem as is RB depth. If for any reason JuJu is limited itll be Holton or Switzer taking the field. Neither is a good option.

I feel very strongly Fitchner is discouraging Mason from throwing the ball downfield. I keep hearing from the coaching staff what itd be like if Ben was on the field. Well BEN ISNT so get over it and let the young man play. In his post game Rudolph made It sound like he got scolded for throwing deep to Juju on the INT instead of checking it down and getting out of there with a punt.  If that's the case and this kid is fearful of making a mistake because of the coaching staff, that's more reason Fichtner should be fired.

I feel they're trying to manage the season without creating a QB controversy next season so as a result they're limiting what they'll let Mason do as to keep him from shining too much. While it's easy to say that doesnt make sense, I just dont believe Mason is as bad as he has looked in spots.

I also think it was detrimental to his development to have to split so much time with Dobbs and Hodges in preseason. If this is their heir apparent he should have been getting to play 3 qtrs to build that connection with the receivers. It's been such a whirlwind that here he is, not actually ready for the job and I think the coaches have him lacking confidence in himself.

I have a bad feeling this game is going to be plagued with mistakes because we are gonna go ultra conservative. 

My prediction is at least 1 RB fumble, 2 Mason Rudolph Ints, 3 Cooper Kupp TDs, 110 yards rushing for Gurley, 31-13 LAR

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I keep hearing from the coaching staff what itd be like if Ben was on the field. Well BEN ISNT so get over it and let the young man play. In his post game Rudolph made It sound like he got scolded for throwing deep to Juju on the INT instead of checking it down and getting out of there with a punt.  If that's the case and this kid is fearful of making a mistake because of the coaching staff, that's more reason Fichtner should be fired.

maybe finer is just doing as he is told, IOW this team is being sabotaged in this manner where the new QB isn't allowed to throw passes he normally would. I don't like fichner at all anyways,, but this could go beyond him. The FO might not want to win without ben, it makes them and ben look bado.O

If the rams were having issues on the OL, maybe the defence wins this game in spite o the OC we have. Maybe the defence hasn't been told to throw the season!

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe we can just break his jaw again...lol

if he wore the old graphite masks of the 90's like Lloyd wore,  he wouldn't have a concern. I never understood how LB's could were these minimal facemask designs they do today and how the league considers that acceptable .  Matthews won't be at his best, but is always a threat when he is out there.  I think Fieler matches up well, but not AV

2 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Steelers trying to claim Mike Davis who was just waived by the Bears?  Could be good depth given our current situation.  Not sure what the cap hit would be though.

would that put Edmunds back to the PS?