Will Oakland make the playoffs?

TecmoSuperJoe

Bills should (hopefully) have a spot locked up. They're currently 6-2 and have games against the Browns, Dolphins, Broncos, Steelers and Jets left. Even if they slip up in one of those games they should get to 10 wins. 

Leaving the Colts, Raiders, Steelers, Jags and battling for one. Is Brissett misses extended time i can def see it. 

I think whoever wins the Thursday Night Game between the Chargers and Raiders may get the #6 spot. 

Chargers have shot themselves in the foot however losing to both the Steelers and Titans.

Especially as the Raiders get the Bengals and Jets in the next two weeks. Could be 7-4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

But they didn't. They traded up for Trubisky and bet on him big time flipping picks for Mack. Now they have a failing QB and a DE who will have a 26 mil cap hit next season with key players who can test free agency. 

Worse, no draft capital to get another at bat with a QB. And what vet can they really sign that will get them to compete in that division?  

Marcus Mariota, under a proper coaching staff, is more than capable of being a QB who rides a team to a SB.

6 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

The AFC is pretty wide open. 9-7 could even get them in. 

IF AB didn't act like an inbred this offseason they would have easily. 

Gonna be close I now see why they traded for AB lol. Waller, Jacob's, AB, Carr Decent oline, = top 10 ball control offense. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

1: They didn’t have a QB.

2: With 25 million and a first they probably upgrade 4-5 positions in the 2019 offseason and are in a position to draft a QB next year.

You think like me lol that's why I wanted to trade Von in 2016. I don't know what his value is now so unless they still got a haul upgrading a young roster seems like a great move. They did get a second from the Raiders sending back two firsts though right?

16 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You think like me lol that's why I wanted to trade Von in 2016. I don't know what his value is now so unless they still got a haul upgrading a young roster seems like a great move. They did get a second from the Raiders sending back two firsts though right?

They did and they're sending us their 3rd as well. Not ideal, but if they pick high, not the worst.

We might squeeze into the playoffs, though with our D, it will be thanks to the Jaguars and possibly the Colts playing backup QBs for long stretches. 

Oakland may actually pull off 10-6, but really, we're probably a truly 8-8 squad with a couple lucky bounces. 

Even if we make the playoffs, I don't see us getting past KC, New England, or Baltimore, so I wouldn't call us a threat yet. 

8-8 imo. 

We will split with Chargers imo with a win this Thursday but loss in Week 16. 

Denvers defense is emerging so we probably split and lose that on the road. 

@KC is probably a loss. 

As for vs Ten and vs Jac, I think one of them will pull the upset and beat us. 

46 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We might squeeze into the playoffs, though with our D, it will be thanks to the Jaguars and possibly the Colts playing backup QBs for long stretches. 

Oakland may actually pull off 10-6, but really, we're probably a truly 8-8 squad with a couple lucky bounces. 

Even if we make the playoffs, I don't see us getting past KC, New England, or Baltimore, so I wouldn't call us a threat yet. 

It depends on who you face in the playoffs. I can see you guys getting past the Colts if they win their division. 

This TNF will be for #6 seed going forward imo

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

They're 4-4, and the rest of their schedule, doesn't look that bad. Currently listed as 8th in the AFC standings behind Pittsburgh for the playoff race. Their defense is pathetic, but their offense is starting to gain more traction compared to the first few games of the season. Derek Carr, to my surprise, looks the best he's looked in a while. I'm really curious to see if he keeps it up. Darren Waller is a great tight end. Josh Jacobs is a great rookie. The AFC is pretty wide open. 9-7 could even get them in. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think are a little over hyped right now and finish 8-8 but I hope you are not saying we are worse than Pittsburgh. We hadn’t had a home game in nearly two months and a lot of people said this was the most brutal schedule of all time going into the season, especially the first half. Pittsburgh is no where near on our level with the cakewalk they’ve had. We’d literally blow them out of the water.

Our Offense is like Top 7 in the NFL. Mason would have to throw all game and he would make it much worse. 

Edited by BayRaider