Will Oakland make the playoffs?

TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

Hoyer is facing the dolphins. I expect the Raiders to take Losses to  Tennessee, Jacksonville, LA, and KC.

Its possible, but I think its far more likely they beat Tennessee, Jacksonville, and the Chargers because there's a decent chance all of those teams will be checked out due to being long shots for the playoffs or outright eliminated by the point we play them, whereas the Raiders could be fighting for the playoffs. 

The Raiders are staring 7-4 in the face going into the KC game (which is likely a loss) but if they can get to 7-5 they'll have built a ton of confidence and be right in the thick of things and own the tiebreaker over Indy to get in. 

I’m just afraid everyone is writing the next two games as win. Both will be tough, even the Bengals. We are the worst secondary they have faced and Finley > Dalton. As for the Jets, west coast teams are historically bad on the east coast. And as bad as Darnolds been, we’ve still seen him light up bad secondarys. 

We need to win the next two games before “7-4” is uttered in any breath. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m just afraid everyone is writing the next two games as win. Both will be tough, even the Bengals. We are the worst secondary they have faced and Finley > Dalton. As for the Jets, west coast teams are historically bad on the east coast. And as bad as Darnolds been, we’ve still seen him light up bad secondarys. 

We need to win the next two games before “7-4” is uttered in any breath. 

Sure, the team has to stay focused and not overlook anyone. As fans though? We can peek ahead a little bit. I'm assuming we'll beat 2 of the worst teams in the league (perhaps the two worst teams in the league) with holes all over their roster. The majority of our losses have been close, even the GB game was close before halftime and the train came off the tracks and the Chiefs game was really just an awful second quarter. Wr have beat some solid teams and haven't lost to any bad ones. We're the better team in both situations. Going to the East cost holds more weight had the Jets not just lost to the Dolphins and look totally lost and like theyve gave up on Gaise. If we can't win these next two games the answer to the question on if we're a playoff team is a resounding no. 

y’all sleeping on the steelers tbh - only teams they face with more than three wins, buffalo, baltimore and the rams tomorrow, are beatable, and even if they lose to all three they can still go 9-7 with tiebreakers on indy and the chargers, and potentially the raiders if division results shake out right - and that’s with three losses

realistically there’s more than enough potential for them to win one or two of those, even three, though unlikely, that puts them right in the mix for 10-6; with tiebreakers on indy and the chargers i think they’ll have a win on a 9-7 oakland and get the second spot... a win against buffalo even brings wild card one in to play too

23 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Hoyer is facing the dolphins. I expect the Raiders to take Losses to  Tennessee, Jacksonville, LA, and KC.

You were saying. The Titans I feel are the biggest threat to the Raiders as sixth seed than the Colts. Steelers as well. 

Edited by BayRaider

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

they better make the playoffs we dont want losers in my city. 

If it ended today the Raiders would be in as the #6 seed against the #3 seed Chiefs (and losing 3 times to one team rarely ever happens, and I expect us to get swept by KC). 

Still a longggg way to go though. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Titans ended with it. TENN @ OAK game may determine the #6 seed. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

If it ended today the Raiders would be in as the #6 seed against the #3 seed Chiefs (and losing 3 times to one team rarely ever happens, and I expect us to get swept by KC). 

Still a longggg way to go though. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Titans ended with it. TENN @ OAK game may determine the #6 seed. 

i think you guys can get it you're playing pretty well and the afc is kind of bad this year.

• Like 1