You Get a New OC. Who are you getting?

KingTitan

I think Arthur Smith has to go. We have a thread that goes over the mind boggling calls and personnel groups he uses. And it pretty much is a call for his job. I was listening to local radio and sadly they said that we wanted Greg Roman as the guy but was turned down.  Smith got the job for being the prettiest one left at the dance, after all were taken and for continuity.  Continuity would have been great if he was ready for the job.  Not to say he didn't earn his opportunity, but he just isn't ready or right or it.

With that said, who is the OC you would want, if/when Smith is gone.
Me?

I want an OC that has been an OC before. One preferably that was an HC. I don't mind an older guy. 
Mike McCoy
Ben McAdoo
Hue Jackson

If not them someone like:

Brian Callahan
Jim Bob Cooter
Nathaniel Hackett
Dowell Loggins

And what would you want the Offense to look like?  We don't have personnel for spread. Our line is more power than agile.  Our lead RB is volume RB. Our RBs are mainly route runners and possession guys. 

Spread likely isn't the right way. Who could get the most out of this team?  I would add QB but i think we need to pick the right OC then determine who best fits that system.

i think you’re thinking of air raid. having a power OL is perfectly compatible with a spread offense, and the philosophy at the core of the spread is creating number mismatches in the run game. that would actually be very advantageous for a RB like henry.

Lincoln Riley or anybody not named Art Smith and knows how to use personnel correctly. I’d be ok with Hue Jackson, wouldn’t have to worry about him taking a HC Gig. If we go after Lincoln Riley he’d have to be the HC.

I honestly want to try somebody from college and get some new fresh ideas in.

7 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Lincoln Riley or anybody not named Art Smith and knows how to use personnel correctly. I’d be ok with Hue Jackson, wouldn’t have to worry about him taking a HC Gig. If we go after Lincoln Riley he’d have to be the HC.

I honestly want to try somebody from college and get some new fresh ideas in.

Yeah Lincoln isn't leaving college to take an OC job. He only coming to NFL for HC job and MAJOR money. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah Lincoln isn't leaving college to take an OC job. He only coming to NFL for HC job and MAJOR money. 

I’d back up the brinks truck for him at this point lol especially with how much our offense is underperforming but I’m sure we will give Vrabel Atleast one more year

I want someone available who can develop the next future QB of this team 

This seasons a loss and we need to find someone who will be here for more than 1 season to help develop the next draft pick 

Hue Jackson might fit that mold

I don’t see him getting an HC job anytime soon

Jackson feels like the only guy that made Dalton look like an actual NFL QB

Jackson even helped AJ McCaron get some money in free agency 

I don’t know if the Titans will ever get interested in Hue but if I could pick an OC going forward he would be my guy right now 

I really wanted Joe Lombardi last year... and a part of me still has him as my #1 target... even if he lacks a little in the play calling experience box. I also think he'd be a potential one and done like LeFleur... so I might shy away from him a little.  

I'm leaning towards an experienced play caller.  I'd thrown Jay Gruden into that list of experienced OC/HC list with McCoy, McAdoo, and Hue.  With Vrabel's inexperience as a HC and with the offense in general, I think he needs a experienced and strong minded OC... and any of those vets would fit that bill.  I know Whiz and Mularkey aren't a popular names around here, and both would be unlikely to return so soon... but I'd take a look at them as an OC as well.

• Like 1