Week 10: VIKINGS (6-3) at Cowboys (5-3)

swede700

26 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Not if that’s where the market is going. 

Cool. I don't really understand the market price and the numbers all that well but I will say if Cousin's got 84 Jerry needs to be ready to put out that type of money for Dak, Chiefs for Mahomes, Texans for Deshawn and Ravens for Lamar. All those guys are ELITE QB's compared to Cousin's. 

Edited by Skins212689

42 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why does beating a good team on the road make you think the bears will crush is at home? The bears are a mess even though they beat the Lions

Cause I think Zimmer is a fraud. I hope I'm wrong. 

I don't think he inspires. "you guys fought your ***** off" .. Churchillan. 

The Bears are a mess, but they are defense orientated,  like  Zimmer, I i think we will  get shown up again. The Bears were a mess already, but they still beat us last time didn't they. 

Today’s win puts Cousins over the .500 mark as a QB for his career. Also, it’s pretty crazy that the Green Bay game has been his only game of the year where he’s really thrown an interception (yes I understand that he was credited with an INT against Philly, but I refuse to acknowledge it).

• Like 1

Jerry Jones praised Zimmer after the game and said the Vikings won because they were the more physical team.

Jones: “I want to give Minnesota, Mike Zimmer and their organization a lot of credit. They came out here tonight and they physically took it to us. We had a difficult time getting them off the field in terms of their offense, but to our credit, I was really impressed with how we came back in there and got back to where we could win a ball game that was really in doubt. It was really disappointing. I’m disappointed for these guys in here and disappointed for our coaches, but I can’t say enough about how Zimmer coached them up. I give Mike Zimmer and his staff a lot of credit. You basically could’ve put a sign on the start of the game that said, ‘Zeke’s not going anywhere,’ and that was the story of the game. He designed a plan to win the game that way."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/11/jerry-jones-vikings-physically-took-it-to-us/

• Like 3

Dallas’ success on third downs on both sides of the ball was a key storyline, as the Cowboys entered Week 10 as one of the NFL’s best teams on both sides of the ball on the crucial down. Dallas’s offense, which came into the game converting 50 percent of their third downs, had plenty of success against Minnesota. The Cowboys converted nine of 15 tries on the down, including five successes on third-and-7 or longer. At one point, Dallas was 9-for-12 on third downs, with the Cowboys passing on each of the dozen plays.

But the Vikings defense stood up when it mattered most, as Minnesota denied Dallas chances to convert on its final three third-down tries.

The Cowboys defense entered Week 10 second in the NFL having limited opponents to a conversion rate of 27.1 percent on third downs. The Vikings had plenty of success there, converting eight of 14 tries (57.1 percent). Stefon Diggs had three catches for 49 yards on third downs, including a spectacular one-handed grab that was initially ruled incomplete. Kirk Cousins was also money on the critical down, completing 7 of 9 passes for 80 yards and a touchdown.

https://www.vikings.com/news/5-takeaways-zimmer-s-gutsy-call-pays-off-in-vikings-win

6 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

This 100 million times. Stop talking about 84 million dollars and guaranteed money.

I don't think we should stop talking about it. You asked for that money. You signed the deal. You and the front office thought you were worth that amount. You better damn well play close to that guaranteed contract.

I do not believe that Market Price is 84 million fully guaranteed. We could have gotten equivalent QB play for half that amount.

It's a legitimate gripe from the fans.Especially when those funds could have been allocated elsewhere to improve other areas of the team. Some of those areas are beginning to go from minor weak points to glaring needs now. 

So No. No one should ever stop talking about the 84 million dollar bust (he's played okay) that is with us currently.

Edited by Torchezim
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I don't think we should stop talking about it. You asked for that money. You signed the deal. You and the front office thought you were worth that amount. You better damn well play close to that guaranteed contract.

I do not believe that Market Price is 84 million fully guaranteed. We could have gotten equivalent QB play for half that amount.

It's a legitimate gripe from the fans.Especially when those funds could have been allocated elsewhere to improve other areas of the team. Some of those areas are beginning to go from minor weak points to glaring needs now. 

So No. No one should ever stop talking about the 84 million dollar bust (he's played okay) that is with us currently.

Who would be as good for half the money in free agency? Drafting one would have been cheaper but then you could chances are he wouldn't be any better

• Like 2