Week 10: VIKINGS (6-3) at Cowboys (5-3)

swede700

23 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I don't think we should stop talking about it.

it's pretty obvious you feel this way, yes.

because here we are, again, in a game day thread about the happenings of a particular game against a particular opponent and you are again expressing views better` suited to the Cousins MegaThread topic.

• Like 2

I’m not a fan of Cousins and his contract. But there’s nothing to nitpick in this game other than one miss on a deep ball. But no QB completes them all. The last 6 games, he’s lived up to his contract. The team is 7-3, and if the referees could stop coddling Rodgers, we’d probably be tied for the division lead. 

Our offense looked very good against Dallas. Our defense is suspect. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think our secondary is suspect. I thought the front 7 did a good job against Dallas, and has done well as a whole all season. 

But something is definitely broken in the defensive backfield. 

The pass rush is a legit concern. Doesn’t seem we’ve got enough front four talent and Zimmer can’t dial up an aggressive scheme given the trash play we’ve been getting at CB.

• Like 2

We have the 5th most sacks in the NFL, and we’ve got one of the highest totals of QB pressures. The pass rush is doing fine. Was it great against Dallas? No. But Dallas has a great o-line, and Prescott was also playing great and making great throws under pressure. They still managed to hit him 10 times. 

The secondary just needs to figure their stuff out, and play better. They dropped two interceptions that I saw yesterday. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

it's pretty obvious you feel this way, yes.

because here we are, again, in a game day thread about the happenings of a particular game against a particular opponent and you are again expressing views better` suited to the Cousins MegaThread topic.

Tell this to the guy who brought up Cousins contract in the first place. 

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

giphy.gif

It is funny.

A lot of people are laughing at us for paying that much. 

16 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

My only thing is I don't believe Kirk is Elite, had Kirk and Dak switch spots Dallas would've lost by more because Cousin's wouldn't have been able to complete some of those throws that Dak did in my opinion Cousins is a good QB who has been able to put up Elite numbers. As long as Cook is cooking and too much isn't asked of Cousin's you will be fine on offense but once the game is put in Cousin's hands I WOULD still be concerned. 

Just say Dallas scored, would you have Faith Cousin's would've lead you down the field for a TD or FG? 

Friend...no one on this board has been harder on Kirk Cousins than me; but...you're going to give yourself an ulcer if you can't just enjoy the fact that the Vikings beat one of the better teams in the league, in their house, on a national stage! 

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Tell this to the guy who brought up Cousins contract in the first place. 

It is funny.

He's playing as well if not better than Rodgers. This year he's earning his paychecks.

1 hour ago, Torchezim said:

Only certain Vikings' fans are doing so.  I haven't heard of anyone else saying anything of the sort. People need to move beyond the contract as it's an old and tired take.  It's a non-issue and hasn't been an issue for some time.  Next year, Cousins' contract will be dwarfed and may barely be in the top 10.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

We have the 5th most sacks in the NFL, and we’ve got one of the highest totals of QB pressures. The pass rush is doing fine. Was it great against Dallas? No. But Dallas has a great o-line, and Prescott was also playing great and making great throws under pressure. They still managed to hit him 10 times. 

The secondary just needs to figure their stuff out, and play better. They dropped two interceptions that I saw yesterday. 

They seemed to hit Prescott only after he held the ball for an eternity. The pass rush from the interior line is practically nonexistent, and the studs on the outside can't do it alone. The D can't seem to pressure the QB with any consistency, and are relying too much on blitzing, which does no favors for the pass coverage.

If given enough time, any receiver can get open. I think that's the biggest reason the secondary has been exposed. I think Rhodes' play in all but one game this season is the 2nd biggest reason why the unit has looked average.

• Like 1