Week 10: VIKINGS (6-3) at Cowboys (5-3)

swede700

18 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Not to mention the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles are only a game behind us for the #6 wild card spot (assuming Seattle gets the #5.)

As I outlined in the Jockeying for Playoff thread the teams behind us have pretty tough schedules. Carolina is all but knocked out of the playoff IMO as they still have to play the Saints 2x and they already have 3 losses.

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Last week it seemed like KC was able to get a bunch of big plays with ease. It should have been unsustainable but it kept happening it seemed.

Tyreek Hill will do that, dude is a legit game-breaker. The long-run just seemed out of character for the defense, didn't sound like they played assignment football on that play.

I don't think the Cowboys have an electric game-breaker like Hill. That is not meant to knock Cooper or Zeke either, just speaks more to the type of threat Hill is I think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Tyreek Hill will do that, dude is a legit game-breaker. The long-run just seemed out of character for the defense, didn't sound like they played assignment football on that play.

I don't think the Cowboys have an electric game-breaker like Hill. That is not meant to knock Cooper or Zeke either, just speaks more to the type of threat Hill is I think.

I agree with that. The long run was a fluke against this defense. Elliott is more of a grinder, so as long as the Vikes play discipline I wouldn’t expect him to break a game open. Now that doesn’t mean that Dallas can’t run the ball down our throats. Cooper is no Hill either in terms of breaking a game open. Waynes got roasted and looked slow out there and he’s got a 4.3 forty. Cooper should be a better matchup for us. 

On 11/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, SteelKing728 said:

The black cat saved the jinx for next week for Dallas. It just needs time to settle. The Vikings will be the beneficiaries.

Skol!!!

I change signature pics after every loss.  Kate Mara got us on a 4-game winning streak but she couldn't get us the win in KC.  I decided it's time to pull out one of my big guns for a big game on the road this week.  As far as I'm concerned, my Jessica Alba is better than any "kitten" they come up with.  We've got this one, gents.   ;)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I change signature pics after every loss.  Kate Mara got us on a 4-game winning streak but she couldn't get us the win in KC.  I decided it's time to pull out one of my big guns for a big game on the road this week.  As far as I'm concerned, my Jessica Alba is better than any "kitten" they come up with.  We've got this one, gents.   ;)

kma2ptzdn4x31.png?width=724&auto=webp&s=

• Like 1

The reason I heard, years ago, for black cats being unlucky in southern Europe and other places (inc. USA ) [but not in Britain], was that the Vikings, when they ransacked, pillaged, etc. a village would leave a black cat behind, it being a good-luck omen for them (but therefore bad for everyone else, of course).

http://www.strangehistory.net/2011/05/08/viking-and-pirate-black-cats/

• Like 2

I almost wish Odenigbo had been able to develop a little better as a DT (they took that responsibility away in the offseason), because then I would have almost considered starting him at 3-tech and move Stephen over to the NT position (since he clearly knows how to play that position).