Week 10: VIKINGS (6-3) at Cowboys (5-3)

swede700

I stand by my posts all year. This is a good to very good team, but something is missing to make it great. 

I thought the offense really did it's job tonight. The defense? They got lucky at the end when Dallas ran twice. But, they did do just enough to preserve the win....

I wish I could put my finger on what's missing, other than DT, which is just obviously a problem, everything else should be good enough to be a serious playoff team.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

I stand by my posts all year. This is a good to very good team, but something is missing to make it great. 

I thought the offense really did it's job tonight. The defense? They got lucky at the end when Dallas ran twice. But, they did do just enough to preserve the win....

I wish I could put my finger on what's missing, other than DT, which is just obviously a problem, everything else should be good enough to be a serious playoff team.

+1 

Winning one game doesn't make everything OK. 

I want to see us play the Bears again. I bet they smash us. 

This was a great win. It wasn’t flawless, but it was on the road against a team that will likely win their division. The Cowboys are good. Dak is a top 10 QB. Cooper is a Top 3-5 WR. The Cowboy O-Line is one of the best. Still, they went down, came out energized, made plays, and didn’t break at the end. This was a statement coming off the disappointment in KC. 

Cousins is playing inspired football the last 6 weeks. Cook is an elite RB. Our offense is clicking even without Thielen. 

Do some things need to be tightened up? Yep. But we beat a good team in prime time at their place. I’ll take it. 

• Like 7

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

I think there’s a severe lack of ability to create turnovers. If you’re going to give up chunks, which is fine, you’ve got to be able to take the ball away. Hughes should have had a pick 6. Alexander was in great position to pick off a pass in Dallas’s second to last drive. Where’s Harrison Smith been? Harris has been quiet since week 1.

The secondary is coached to be fundamentally sound. There just doesnt seem to be that natural instinct to take the ball away from anyone in this secondary. I realize Kearse did Int the pass on the hailmary, just hate seeing the defense miss out on opportunities that were there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

+1 

Winning one game doesn't make everything OK. 

I want to see us play the Bears again. I bet they smash us. 

Why does beating a good team on the road make you think the bears will crush is at home? The bears are a mess even though they beat the Lions

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Yes but if I'm reading your post right, you are saying that Cousins had a better game?

Kirk didn't have the better game by MY standards, but some will say he did because his team came out with the win. Kirk made the play's needed to get his team the win oppose to Dak who handed the ball off twice to Zek at the end instead of keeping one of those handoffs or changing to a different play.