Week 10: VIKINGS (6-3) at Cowboys (5-3)

swede700

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett explained Monday the staff emphasized to Austin to avoid bleeding clock with his [late 4th quarter] punt return, as in, don't run around in circles trying to create a miracle. But they didn't mean call for a fair catch no matter what.

Garrett: "We didn't communicate that well enough. In that situation, you've got a couple different options. You can try to block the punt. We decided not to do that. We decided that we thought there'd be a good chance that we can get the ball around the 50-yard line. So the biggest coaching point for Tavon was make sure you don't bleed the rest of this time off by spending a lot of time trying to return the ball. So fair catch was a very viable option. The part of it that we didn't communicate well enough was just simply if you do feel like you have a good return opportunity, take advantage of it. Catch it and go north and south and get as much as you should. We did a poor job as a staff making sure he understood that and hopefully we'll learn from that experience."

The Cowboys ended up gaining just nine yards before Dak Prescott was forced to launch a Hail Mary on the final play of regulation. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001075994/article/garrett-cowboys-didnt-communicate-on-fair-catch

Rewatching that, If he takes it up the near sideline, he might score. Kearse was the only player on that side. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Torchezim said:

Tell this to the guy who brought up Cousins contract in the first place. 

It is funny.

A lot of people are laughing at us for paying that much. 

I do 't see why. It was a seller's market. Kirk probably wondered if he was worth that much himself. But Minnesota need a QB and that was the price. 

1 hour ago, sledgehammer said:

I do 't see why. It was a seller's market. Kirk probably wondered if he was worth that much himself. But Minnesota need a QB and that was the price. 

It doesn’t change the fact that they over paid.  I honestly believe, just like I did then, that we would have gotten the same amount of production had we signed Keenum, Bridgewater, or any good backup. 

Just someone who doesn’t consistently turn the ball over.  

• Like 1

just stop, please.

take the generalized discussions of Cousins, his contract, his long term possibilities with the team, comparisons to other qb's, etc to the Cousins Megathread.

discussion of Cousins here should be about his performance in the Dallas game. new guys, please respect the process in our forum we have spent years maintaining. thank you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

just stop, please.

take the generalized discussions of Cousins, his contract, his long term possibilities with the team, comparisons to other qb's, etc to the Cousins Megathread.

discussion of Cousins here should be about his performance in the Dallas game. new guys, please respect the process in our forum we have spent years maintaining. thank you

I click on a notification and respond if needed.  I don’t check back to the top to see what link it is under.  Why would I?

We can take it to the Cousins thread...? I don’t care. Just tag me there.  Not here.  Or I will continue to reply inside the thread that I was tagged in. 

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

or you could be respectful and mindful of how we organize our discussions here, that's all i'm asking.

Or people can stop bringing up Cousins in the first place? Then tagging me in threads where that specific discussion does not belong.  

I have no issue keeping conversations in their respective threads but go bother the person that changed the point in The first place.  I am just responding. 

Edited by Torchezim

50 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Or people can stop bringing up Cousins in the first place? Then tagging me in threads where that specific discussion does not belong.  

Stop following me around. 😆 I have no issue keeping conversations in their respective threads but go bother the person that changed the point in the first place. I’m only responding. 

Daddy always said "Stubborn as a government mule." 

• Like 1