Who will be the scapegoats

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We have seen this before with the Lovie-Angelo regime.

Some heads are going to roll because of this failure this season, even if it is not the top guys.

Who do you think it is?

Sacrificial lamb could be Helfrich. 

Chris Tabor and Harry Hiestand would be my guesses.  Hard to fire your OC when he's not even the one calling plays.

If Foles, DeFilippo (OC) and Marrone (OL) become available in the offseason then I don't see how you do not try and make those moves if you're Pace and you want to keep your job.

Nagy needs to be stripped of some of his power too and be tasked with coaching and managing players only, not more play calling.

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Chris Tabor and Harry Hiestand would be my guesses.  Hard to fire your OC when he's not even the one calling plays.

If Foles, DeFilippo (OC) and Marrone (OL) become available in the offseason then I don't see how you do not try and make those moves if you're Pace and you want to keep your job.

Nagy needs to be stripped of some of his power too and be tasked with coaching and managing players only, not more play calling.

Lots of talk out of Jacksonville that Foles won't be available and with Minshew mania cooling off they may go back to him.

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Lots of talk out of Jacksonville that Foles won't be available and with Minshew mania cooling off they may go back to him.

From who?

If Marrone gets canned then I'm not sure they bring anyone back unless they promote Flip to HC.

56 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Wasn't this obvious. Foles was the projected starter, signed a 4 year deal. Minshew can play a little, but eventually young QBs hit a wall as team figure them out more and more. 

Foles is wishful thinking. Even then, you'd have to trade for him and have limited resources. 

• Like 2

After watching some clips of the Bears o-line from yesterday they look absolutely lost and pathetic.  Hiestand deserves a lot of flak for this. 

This is not to take away from Mitch being bad but I am not sure that any QB does well in this current situation.

Talking about regression for Mitch from last season, James Daniels seems to have regressed pretty bad also. WTF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

I agree I think its Helfrich. I also think Nagy loses playcalling ability. 

I wouldn't be surprised but if anyone deserves it the most right now it's Hiestand. He is supposed to be an o-line guru and his unit has sucked badly this year plus it all starts up front.  

Dave Ragone can also go because Mitch has only gotten worse and isn't even making the simplest of plays.  

Chris Tabor also sucks at his job and needs to go. 

This is what happens when you bring back two of Lovie's cronies from 2008 back to the coaching staff.

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Talking about regression for Mitch from last season, James Daniels seems to have regressed pretty bad also. WTF

I'm fairly certain that by the end of the year, the line should be fine. 

Daniels was a college center they moved to guard. Then moved back to center, without any pre-season snaps. Lines need to gel, and not in practice. Plus, when teams suffer a catastrophic meltdown (which the Bears are toying with right now) all sorts of things go wrong that wouldn't seem probable.