Who will be the scapegoats

WindyCity

39 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I have no idea what people see in him as a C. This OL was so much better with Daniels playing G and Whitehair playing C.

I see him getting walked back easily and missing routine second level blocks. And the OL has had 8 weeks to gel and they have shown week in week out that they aren't improving this season.

Heistand has overseen such a dramatic collapse of the offensive line that he could legitimately have been fired 3 games ago.

As for Helfrich, I'm significantly less convinced he needs to go because I'm not entirely sure what he actually does on the offense to begin with.  We are running Nagy's scheme, playbook, and playcalling...... Helfrich, at the very least, made Oregeon's offense get even better after Chip left for the NFL and he was in charge of it all, and that wasn't a very complex system (so he can at least run an effective scheme that would be more on mitch's cognitive level.)

Overall, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Helfrich is canned, but whether it officially or unofficially happens, I'd like to see him get an opportunity to actually run the offense himself with the remainder of the season so we can better evaluate... Right now, going by my gut, I'd blame more on Nagy than Helfrich.

Edited by Epyon

Helfrich - offers nothing in the way of different ideas to Nagy and has always been a pass heavy guy...Mike McDaniel.

Heistand - OL has went from a strength to a weakness as we are trying to take guys clearly better suited to zone blocking and make them power guys...Chris Forester.

Ragone - pays for Trubisky not only not making a 2nd year jump in the scheme but his regression has been evident...Joe Bleymaier.

All these guys aren't so much scapegoats but deserve to be fired.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Helfrich - offers nothing in the way of different ideas to Nagy and has always been a pass heavy guy...Mike McDaniel.

Heistand - OL has went from a strength to a weakness as we are trying to take guys clearly better suited to zone blocking and make them power guys...Chris Forester.

Ragone - pays for Trubisky not only not making a 2nd year jump in the scheme but his regression has been evident...Joe Bleymaier.

Yep, these are my three as well. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Tabor replaced, but it often seems like poor ST Co-ordinators just hang around, I thought Jeff Rodgers and Joe DeCamillis (especially) were bad before as well but they never lost their jobs until the Head Coach got fired, and they've both still got jobs in the league now. Maybe there just isn't many good ST Co-ordinators out there.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed that they deserve to be fired.

Scapegoat was more because I believe Pace deserves to be fired considering his horrendous QB miss is the root cause of all of this.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Wasn't this thew coach that was caught sniffing lines of coke online?

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think you hit it on the nail with the zone blocking scheme. Our players are not good at power blocking. We have to change that and get rid of Harry.

9 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I think you hit it on the nail with the zone blocking scheme. Our players are not good at power blocking. We have to change that and get rid of Harry.

I am also okay at getting rid of some of the OLmen who are massively under performing their contracts.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am also okay at getting rid of some of the OLmen who are massively under performing their contracts.

Like who and who do you replace those guys with?  There's too much of a dead cap hit with releasing either Leno or Massie next offseason that you are better off keeping them and hoping they rebound.

Edited by topwop1

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Like who and who do you replace those guys with?  There's too much of a dead cap hit with releasing either Leno or Massie next offseason that you are better off keeping them and hoping they rebound.

I am drafting an OT in round 2 in a hopes that they replace Leno in 2020, or at the lastest 2021.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I am drafting an OT in round 2 in a hopes that they replace Leno in 2020, or at the lastest 2021.

I am fine with that.  Just can't expect any OT they draft to step in right away and take  the starting job from Leno.  I'd rather have Leno than a question mark.