Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Who will be the scapegoats

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Wasn't this thew coach that was caught sniffing lines of coke online?

 

Allegedly but he was never charged or suspended...much like Windy I couldn't care less at this point 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave Wannstedt made an interesting point this morning - Nagy has no history of working with a lot of these coaches. It may be beneficial to bring in a few more guys he’s worked with in the past rather than old Bears retreads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Dave Wannstedt made an interesting point this morning - Nagy has no history of working with a lot of these coaches. It may be beneficial to bring in a few more guys he’s worked with in the past rather than old Bears retreads.

Didn't Nagy pick these coaches, or is some one else telling him who to hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Didn't Nagy pick these coaches, or is some one else telling him who to hire.

Not sure whose decision it was to hire Hiestand, Helfrich, Ragone, Childress, etc. This may be a case of an inexperienced head coach taking recommendations from the organization without thinking through the ramifications of working with a brand new crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Dave Wannstedt made an interesting point this morning - Nagy has no history of working with a lot of these coaches. It may be beneficial to bring in a few more guys he’s worked with in the past rather than old Bears retreads.

Agreed to a certain extent. Childress is guy he has worked with before so that made sense and Hiestand had a good reputation with Bears in the past and for developing guys at ND.  I always thought the Helfrich hire was weird and keeping Ragone on as QB coach when he was here during the Fox/Loggains years might not have been such a good move. Get coaches who have experience in this system coaching up your QB and offense. Only makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone that Nagy should be looking to bring in onto his staff next year as the OC is Mike Kafka who is the QB coach right now for the Chiefs.  He was drafted by the Eagles when Nagy was an assistant there and worked with Nagy as an assistant in KC plus he is a local guy from Chicago.  He knows the Reid system inside and out and would be a good mentor for whoever the QB is next year.  Make it happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Someone that Nagy should be looking to bring in onto his staff next year as the OC is Mike Kafka who is the QB coach right now for the Chiefs.  He was drafted by the Eagles when Nagy was an assistant there and worked with Nagy as an assistant in KC plus he is a local guy from Chicago.  He knows the Reid system inside and out and would be a good mentor for whoever the QB is next year.  Make it happen!

Sure, lets get some guys that have worked with Nagy and can teach this system.

This offensive staff has done a pathetic job, specifically Ragone and Heistand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×