Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Killashaw

WR set next year

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

No he didn't. He got a few easy yards, which any WR would have got. He showed nothing of his supposed size and contested catch ability. Any WR we put out would have got what he did, and he had some terrible moments like not knowing where the 1st down marker was and dropping the easiest of catches 

Mckenzie offers at least pure speed for a few gadget plays each game

lol man you got a weird hate for Duke or something. Easy yards anyone could get? You mean like how Mckenzie and Foster did? Oh wait. Or better yet, how Juju or Washington did the week before?

Yeah he had a bad drop, so did Mr. Gadget Isiah Mckenzie that could have been close to a fumble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

What does he offer in that situation that Tyler Kroft or Dawson Knox don't? 

You complain about Duke dropping a ball but are okay with Knox and Kroft as contested catch guys in the redzone?

Interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

What does he offer in that situation that Tyler Kroft or Dawson Knox don't? 

What has tyler kroft offered in any situation? 6 catches for 70 yards and a td when he has been targeted 15 times in 11 games. Duke played 4 games and produced more yards and ctaches then Kroft. Dawson Knox and Duke Williams should both be out there in the red zone. Tyler kroft should be inactive he was an overrated pick up and still is. Duke lines up and fights for the ball Having Duke line up, up top at the Wr position to do a post or fade in to the back of the endzone is something both Knox and Duke can do kroft can not as this would have been used more for him. If you want to claim Kroft as a good blocker then keep him active and not Lee Smith. Either way you should only have smith or kroft dressed not both and give duke an opportunity for those redzone catches and multiple options for Allen to look at that are over 5'9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

You complain about Duke dropping a ball but are okay with Knox and Kroft as contested catch guys in the redzone?

Interesting. 

Yep. They have drop problems but also show potential. Williams hasn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

lol man you got a weird hate for Duke or something. Easy yards anyone could get? You mean like how Mckenzie and Foster did? Oh wait. Or better yet, how Juju or Washington did the week before?

Yeah he had a bad drop, so did Mr. Gadget Isiah Mckenzie that could have been close to a fumble. 

No.

I'm just find the Williams love bemusing. He is the 2019 Brandon Reilly. An online fan favourite who never actually achieves anything. 

Next year it'll be another random guy. It's always the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigMountainGoat said:

Does he? In real games, or just that's what you hope he'll do? 

look at the tape with 6 min left in the game he caught a 2 and long pass that the cb tried breaking up the pass and dragging him down to the ground but still stood up and then tried taking out the db that was coming after him. That is just one example of how he fights for the ball. Have you also seen him when other wr or rbs are running with the ball his blocking skills to take players out in open field has been something that goes unnoticed. Kroft gives up on the plays once it is passed him that another issue I have with the guy. So show me what Kroft has done that Duke or no other player can do to say he deserves to be in there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

look at the tape with 6 min left in the game he caught a 2 and long pass that the cb tried breaking up the pass and dragging him down to the ground but still stood up and then tried taking out the db that was coming after him. That is just one example of how he fights for the ball. Have you also seen him when other wr or rbs are running with the ball his blocking skills to take players out in open field has been something that goes unnoticed. Kroft gives up on the plays once it is passed him that another issue I have with the guy. So show me what Kroft has done that Duke or no other player can do to say he deserves to be in there? 

Had an 8 touchdown NFL season. 

Kroft is not the long term answer, but at least has actually done something in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigMountainGoat said:

No.

I'm just find the Williams love bemusing. He is the 2019 Brandon Reilly. An online fan favourite who never actually achieves anything. 

Next year it'll be another random guy. It's always the same. 

Thats your problem, you do see It only as  the fan favorite. Yes I would say that was the case at the beginning of the year for so many not including myself. I saw him at the titans game and saw the game two days ago and he is something the bills have been missing this year is a big target at WR. You can only hope brown and beasley have enough time to jump 5 feet in the air to get the ball at times or you can get a big bodied wr like Duke in there to help out. He showed some of that on both games and that is something Allen/Daboll should have access to in the playoffs in case they do get in situations where they need a big bodied guy out there outside of Knox. You can only line up so many TE but having mckenzie, beasley, and brown out there on 2nd or 3rd and goal from the 9 is tough to get the ball to those 3 where multiple big bodied guys can go up for the ball giving the dbs tough time. 

As for next year I do not see duke making the team nor care as at that time they should have multiple wr that are 6'2 and up to give them options to have those big bodies out there in these situations. 

I am all about function and not fan favorite. Kroft cant function as a receiving threat as it has been proven all year its time they try something else like Duke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Had an 8 touchdown NFL season. 

Kroft is not the long term answer, but at least has actually done something in the NFL. 

who gives a flying..... what he did in Cincy. I am focused on what he has done in the Bills system and what should be done on Saturday. Outside of that both kroft and Duke can go in the offseason but what is on the roster this week and what can be done in certain situations I would rather roll with Duke over Kroft as Kroft had 11 games to prove his value and its been nothing but mediocrity at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Thats your problem, you do see It only as  the fan favorite. 

No. I see the reality. 

Brown and Beasley aside, and Roberts for returns,no receivers have done much of anything this season. YET they have still impressed the coaching staff more than Williams enough for him to be inactive virtually every week. 

The fact the coaching staff, the many who see him every day, don't seem impressed by him seems to be a lot more reliable a judge than the hopes of an Internet forum fan. 

Edited by BigMountainGoat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

who gives a flying..... what he did in Cincy. I am focused on what he has done in the Bills system 

Better that than the CFL. Let's be honest, if he was an UDFA and not a CFL star with loads of Internet highlight clips, no one who care about Williams. 

Edited by BigMountainGoat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Better that than the CFL. Let's be honest, if he was an UDFA and not a CFL star with loads of Internet highlight clips, no one who care about Williams. 

Well hold on. You said he was this years Brandon Reilly. He was an UDFA. 

So which is it? Is he popular because he was a CFL star or do Bills fan just love an underdog story?

There is a main difference btw between Reilly and Duke Williams. One accomplished nothing as a pro. One accomplished enough as a pro in Canada that several teams wanted to work him out and the Bills clearly like him enough they fear losing him should they cut him. 

You said Williams doesn't show potential but Kroft does? That is enough for me to feel confident this conversation will go nowhere and you already ignored the original point anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Had an 8 touchdown NFL season. 

Kroft is not the long term answer, but at least has actually done something in the NFL. 

Duke has more 100 yard games than Kroft. Has he really done anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Better that than the CFL. Let's be honest, if he was an UDFA and not a CFL star with loads of Internet highlight clips, no one who care about Williams. 

 

 

9 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

No. I see the reality. 

Brown and Beasley aside, and Roberts for returns,no receivers have done much of anything this season. YET they have still impressed the coaching staff more than Williams enough for him to be inactive virtually every week. 

The fact the coaching staff, the many who see him every day, don't seem impressed by him seems to be a lot more reliable a judge than the hopes of an Internet forum fan. 

I do not care if the guy was a garbage man last year if he can catch the ball and is above 5'9 he should be playing this week. My argument is not about the receivers out performing him as Mckenzie and Foster bring more to the table in Special Teams. That is not my argument. You need a big body out there who can make plays. Kroft  a TE who is suppose to be a receiving threat has done nothing to show his worth at that aspect in 11 games so its time to make a change bring in Duke to be the 6th wr dressing this week and have lee smith and Knox be the only 2 TEs to be dressed. Show formations of both Knox and Duke out there so you have the DBs having to match up in height in certain situations. 

So you can keep on talking about Duke being CFL and what Kroft has done in the past with another team or you can open your eyes and see what is in front of them which is a playoff birth vs the texans, and their defense with all 4 Texan starting Dbs being bigger then Mckenzie, beasley, and brown. So when you are in a goalline situation you cant just toss it up to brown to have them beat out a 6' or 6'1 CB/S you need knox and you need duke guys above 6'3 to out jump those dbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×