WR set next year

Killashaw

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

This! 100x this.

I agree we should target a proven pass rusher in free agency but then these guys needs to be the focal point of the next two off-seasons. I don't expect us to be as busy as we were last year grabbing outside guys.

Quinton Spain and Jordan Phillips (who supposedly loves the city and has made some comments about wanting to re-sign) should be the main targets as they will be UFA. The Bills will obviously pick up the 5th year option for Tre which will secure him through 2021 for now. Matt Milano, John Feliciano, Jordan Poyer and Dion Dawkins are set to be free agents after next season. Bills will need every penny of the 100 mil or so they'll have to play with. 

How can we get Chase Young?

With John Brown coming in to his own as the top WR. I was wondering would making a play to trade for Robert Woods in the offseason be a bad idea if he is willing to move back? He was always a reliable and under rated #2 wr for the bills. Fans love him, his contract isn't bad and the Rams could use the cap relief and draft pick. I know he is a Cali guy but if he embraced Buffalo and never really talked bad about the organization after he left it could be an ideal fit for this offense. Just randomly throwing this out there with no rumor or basis at all just was curious if others would think this is bad or good idea. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 1:58 PM, soflbillsfan said:

With John Brown coming in to his own as the top WR. I was wondering would making a play to trade for Robert Woods in the offseason be a bad idea if he is willing to move back? He was always a reliable and under rated #2 wr for the bills. Fans love him, his contract isn't bad and the Rams could use the cap relief and draft pick. I know he is a Cali guy but if he embraced Buffalo and never really talked bad about the organization after he left it could be an ideal fit for this offense. Just randomly throwing this out there with no rumor or basis at all just was curious if others would think this is bad or good idea. 

Have seen some national people suggest he could be on the move. Would be a dream come true to have him back in Buffalo.

On another note, have seen reports today that Amari Cooper plans to test the market...wonder if we made enough of an impression on Thursday to entice him to come to Buffalo. 

54 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Have seen some national people suggest he could be on the move. Would be a dream come true to have him back in Buffalo.

On another note, have seen reports today that Amari Cooper plans to test the market...wonder if we made enough of an impression on Thursday to entice him to come to Buffalo. 

Beasley and Cooper in Buffalo would be something. 

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Well he said he wants to stay in Dallas, any player is going to chase the money so if Buffalo pays him more then any team including Dallas. I like John Brown but a big bodied wr would be nice. I unfortunately got stuck watching the Dolphins game this sunday but have been very impressed with Parker these past few weeks and wouldn't mind looking at him as an option as well and likely cheaper then cooper.

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well he said he wants to stay in Dallas, any player is going to chase the money so if Buffalo pays him more then any team including Dallas. I like John Brown but a big bodied wr would be nice. I unfortunately got stuck watching the Dolphins game this sunday but have been very impressed with Parker these past few weeks and wouldn't mind looking at him as an option as well and likely cheaper then cooper.

I would LOVE Parker, but he re-signed with the Dolphins this past March for two years.

I still think we'll target AJ Green and you would think at this stage Buffalo would be ideal for Green cheap and/or draft WR early 

He'll join a solid core of Singletary, Brown, Beasley and Knox and won't be relied upon as a WR1 in this offense and we're close to a SB caliber team at this point 

Edited by BillsGuy82

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I still think we'll target AJ Green and you would think at this stage Buffalo would be ideal for Green cheap and/or draft WR early 

He'll join a solid core of Singletary, Brown, Beasley and Knox and won't be relied upon as a WR1 in this offense and we're close to a SB caliber team at this point 

Hes made it kind of clear that he wants to stay in Cincy, like Fitz did in Arizona. I do think teams will pay for him if Cincy doesn't so I dont see him being cheap. I do like Green a lot as he is not a diva and he puts in the work when he is healthy but I just dont see him bailing on Cincy because of this and coming to Buffalo for cheaper then other teams that may offer. I think it will be a price tag similar to Tyrell Williams, he got this year with Oakland 4 years 45 mil. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are a number of big receivers that will potrntially be available on day 2. 

The first on the list, and least likely, is Tee Higgins. Higgins is a size-speed freak, but has hype that may see him drafted round 1. It's a deep WR class, though, and there's plenty of first-round talent at the WR that could push him down to late in round 1 or early day 2.

Antonio Gandy-Golden, out of Liberty, I'd an excellent big receiver and I would love to see him in the Bills' offense. Here's what I've previously written about him: 

On 11/6/2019 at 7:57 PM, HoboRocket said:

A couple more big names that everybody should be familiar with: Brycen Hopkins and Antonio Gandy-Golden.

Gandy-Golden is a 6'4", 220 wide receiver from Liberty. He has excellent burst and agility for his size. He can use his quickness to move laterally effortlessly, and he's a lot more elusive than you'd think. However, his bread and butter, his signature sauce, is contested catches. You'd think that with his size that he could be dangerous in the red zone, and you'd be absolutely correct. He uses his frame and athleticism perfectly to win at the catch point. He can out-muscle and out-body anyone in contested catch situations and makes loads of crazy highlight reel catches. He's not that natural of a route runner, and will probably have to work hard on that aspect of his game in the NFL. However, he has really strong hands and the frame to create a different kind of separation at the next level, with the speed and athleticism to beat you deep. He's not a hands-fighter at the line of the scrimmage, leading to him getting jammed against press a lot, but he has the athleticism and quickness to develop against press at the next level. He has a really high ceiling, and early in his career he could still be good as a red zone and deep threat target. We say that big guys are good in the red zone a lot, but this guy is SPECIAL at the catch point. I'd probably rate him better than N'Keal Harry, Lil'Jordan Humphrey, Collin Johnson, or Tee Higgins in that regard.

Now, third on the list is Collin Johnson. Johnson is a love/hate prospect. He's massive and plays extremely sharp in and out of breaks. He has excellent movement skills for someone of his size, and runs great routes. Technically, he's a master. The issues with Johnson are that he doesn't use his size as much as he should, playing jump-balls conservatively and failing to bully defensive backs. He SHOULD be able to destroy most corners in jump-balls and close-quarters situations, but he plays soft. He also is inconsistent tracking the ball. That said, his upside is tremendous if a coach can get him to use his size more, as otherwise, he is the complete package.

Bryan Edwards is my big pick for this year. So far, I have an excellent track record of picking WRs with first-round talent who may slide in the draft, whether it's production, depth, or testing numbers that cause the player to slide. This past year, I called Terry McLaurin the best sleeper WR in the draft as a first-round talent who would be drafted on day two and was extremely high on AJ Brown (though many were). I have also predicted talent for players like Cooper Kupp, Curtis Samuel, DJ Moore, DJ Chark, Auden Tate, and Courtland Sutton in recent years. This year, Bryan Edwards is my value guy. He's an excellent, excellent WR without any real weaknesses to his game. He has good size, plays hard and tough, runs good routes, and can punish defenses with the ball in his hands. He's the type of player who's timed speed may fall short of his game speed, causing him to slide. His game speed is good. 

Chase Claypool is a big WR that's dangerous after the catch. He's a little slow, but reminds me of N'Keal Harry in his play style, where he's not necessarily a burner, but he'll generate yards after the catch by breaking tackles and is capable of some ridiculous acrobatic catches.

At UCF, the 6'3", 212 Gabriel Davis is dominating every team he faces. He had big games against Pitt and Cincinnati. He could be a good pick for the Bills.

The 6'4', 203 Tamorrion Terry out of Florida State has been one of the most-talented WRs in the country this season. He has good size, upside, and the skillset of a late-1st or early-2nd rounder, but he could slide to day 2 or even early day 3 with the depth at WR in this draft. 

And at this point, basically everyone in the nation knows LSU's Justin Jefferson. He's been extremely productive and has nice height, but he's not a bully size-wise. 

There's really a wealth of good options for big WRs for the Bills this year.